music on my droid2

three3boys

Reaction score
Anyone know how to move iTunes music to my droid 2? I can't use vcast because I have a Mac& it's not mac compatible.

OP
T

three3boys

Reaction score
can't drag& drop

When I connect my phone to my computer, it treats it as a harddrive, but I can't drag& drop music from iTunes. I don't have windows media player because I have a Mac.

redneckben

Reaction score
Sorry not sure about apple... How do they store files? folders? Cause if so even though it treats your phone like a hard drive you should be able to find the music folder on your sd card and copy in music that way?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

born2golf

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can use iTunes because of the apple DRM. If most or all of you songs came from the iTunes store (prior to 2009) they will be locked with apple DRM and therefore will not play on non-apple products. If they are unprotected files or purchased on itunes after 2009, you can move them to your phone using the computers file manager NOT itunes.

If you want to go one step further, You may want to use windows media player as a second library. Let is scan your computer for content and it should find all the non-protected files. You can then set up a sync to your android device from there.

here is a short primer on apple DRM and android...
How to Play Purchased iTunes Music on an Android Smartphone? - Android Help Center

leecopp

Reaction score
Syncing Itunes and Droid Via Mac

iSyncr does a nice job and allows use of iTunes smart play lists. It also allows you to carry ratings and play counts back into iTunes. There is a small fee for this app.

Double Twist also will do the job, but prefers to use it's own play list converter. The plus side is that it will sync almost any device and I think it will also do some file conversions. This app is freeware

Have fun .

Lee

Detonation

Reaction score
When I connect my phone to my computer, it treats it as a harddrive, but I can't drag& drop music from iTunes. I don't have windows media player because I have a Mac.

You need to drag&drop the actual music files on your hard drive, not whats being shown in itunes. I'm not sure where it is on a mac, try looking in the itunes default media folder, found by going to preference > advanced > media folder location

OP
T

three3boys

Reaction score
Thank you!

Thanks so much for the tips! Can't wait to try this again tonight.dancedroid