Music on Kenwood headunit via USB

rage_311

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had my bionic for a week and a half now and so far, I mostly love it... still need to get a few things figured out. So, I'm currently unable to play music from my bionic on my car stereo (Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993) via USB. I connect the phone via USB, put the phone in mass storage mode, and the deck says "Reading...", but never finishes. I've let it go for about 30 minutes before. I'm pretty sure it will never finish. My music is stored on my SD card under /media/music. Is there somewhere else I need to put it? Something I'm missing here? Thanks in advance for any advice.

ccbart

Reaction score
Have the Kenwood x995. Initially had the same problem. Bionic has 16 g of onboard memory,8 reserved for the OS, 8 available for music, etc. and the sd card for anything else.
I copied my music to the Bionic and it went to the onbaord memory. The Kenwood couldn't see it. After moving it to the sd card all is well.

OP
R

rage_311

Reaction score
Have the Kenwood x995. Initially had the same problem. Bionic has 16 g of onboard memory,8 reserved for the OS, 8 available for music, etc. and the sd card for anything else.
I copied my music to the Bionic and it went to the onbaord memory. The Kenwood couldn't see it. After moving it to the sd card all is well.
Thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity, where did you store your music on the SD card for the headunit to see? It doesn't seem like it should REALLY matter where it is, as long as it's on the SD card, but I just want to try what you did because I don't know what else to do...

ccbart

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity, where did you store your music on the SD card for the headunit to see? It doesn't seem like it should REALLY matter where it is, as long as it's on the SD card, but I just want to try what you did because I don't know what else to do...

Just used the move command on the Bionic. From internal memory to sd card. Took a while....

OP
R

rage_311

Reaction score
I meant, which folder on your SD card did you put the music in? What is your directory structure like? IE, are the files stored in SD/music/Artist/Album/? Are they MP3s? What bitrate are the files? Thanks for any help. This is driving me crazy.