Music on Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by GBAUMS, Oct 1, 2011.

1. GBAUMS

GBAUMS New Member

I was hoping someone could give me a good way of syncing my itunes with my Bionic. I read about double twist but have tried syncing in pc mode, usb, and windows sync and each of them ends up with a problem whether it be playlists dont sync or the music itself does not sync. Is there an easier way or better program for this?
  2. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

have you tried Zumocast?
  3. rumblee1

rumblee1 Member

Ok, I went thru all this with my droid X and after doubletwist kept multiplying my songs, I changed to isyncr and isyncrwifi. When you have a lot of songs or an entire library to download, use isyncr. When updating a few, use isyncr wifi. Its as easy ad pie to set up and use. They also
    have a MAC version (that I use). Also, they have GREAT support if needed. This app will also upload the pics and videos you take with your phone to your computer. Try it. It works. Now using on my bionic.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums
  4. Scribble

Scribble New Member

Google Music, or Amazon Cloud. I'm not going back to wires ever again. :p
  5. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

^^This. Zumocast is also great but your computer needs to be on for it. So maybe if you owned some sort of external HDD and/or a server with a lot of storage on it it'd be perfect but....yeeeeaaahhhh....
  6. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

iSyncr is great. I use it and it syncs fine with my itunes.
  7. GBAUMS

GBAUMS New Member

Thanks guys. I will try the isyncr. I don't want to have to have a connection for zumacast or cloud. I just would like them straight on the phone.
  8. rumblee1

rumblee1 Member

Gbaums, let us know how you like isyncr.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums
  9. leonard

leonard New Member

I am using Zumocast to access over 5000 songs in my itunes library. Works great for me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  10. bryan.teeples

bryan.teeples New Member

I use zumocast for ask my pictures and it does indeed work great. For music I user google music and have uploaded my library to the cloud. Then I can download specific songs to my phone from the cloud and anytime I want a different one I can download it. And yes, I mean download not stream.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.
  11. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Google music is good for that but the OP may stumble upon some problems. He wants to sync his iTunes with his Bionic, and with Google music and other stream music apps, you really do need unlimited data or you won't have a fun time looking at your bill. Sometimes it's easier just to have them on your phone like for a long car trip or flying on an airplane.
  12. Scribble

Scribble New Member

I know amazon lets you download to your phone- you don't always have to be connected and streaming. (Pretty sure Google does as well, but I don't use it.)

It's a great way to sync without the hassle of hooking up with wires.
  13. gtofan350

gtofan350 New Member

I'm in the process of uploading all my music to amazon cloud as I'm typing this. I like the idea of zumocast but having to leave my computer on all the time didn't seem like a good idea. I opted for the 20gb for $20 but amazon has a "special" going on that you can upload all the music you want and it doesn't count against your 20gb allotment.
  14. rootzwikiisbetter

rootzwikiisbetter New Member

Google music is awesome and free. you could try that.
  15. gtofan350

gtofan350 New Member

I've read that its incredibly buggy since it is still in beta. I have no problem with 20 bucks a year for unlimited space for music and 20gb for everything else.
  16. bushpilotwannabe

bushpilotwannabe New Member

I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure out this same problem on my own, and just about everything I tried had some kind of issue (e.g., new programs didn't import playlists properly, buggy software, playlists didn't transfer to phone, too many steps, etc.). All I wanted was to sync my music in the same way I could with my iPod, be it through iTunes or some other half-decent program. If you're willing to rebuild your library, playlists, etc., Windows Media Player seems to do the job.

If not, here's something I stumbled across yesterday while browsing the FAQ in the Help app: Motorola Media Link. I've only used it for a day, but I haven't encountered any problems syncing playlists with it. So far, the only thing I can think of to discourage you from it is this: if your library is too big to sync in its entirety, the options for handpicking particular songs are somewhat limited. Of course, you can work around this by just building a playlist with everything you want, but keeping that updated would be a hassle. I have a smaller library (8GB), so it's easy enough for me to just drop everything on there and forget about it, but it's something to consider.

The only other free, non-cloud-based solution I've found to be fairly seamless was MediaMonkey, which imported my playlists without trouble. It's a very good program, but it has a LOT of features that most people, including me, will never use. If you don't mind all the clutter, though, it's worth a look.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  17. jared16

jared16 New Member

This is off topic but can somebody please help me figure out how to save my playlists to a file

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
downloading music on the droid bionic
how do i play music on my bionic
how to download music to a droid bionic
how to download music to my droid bionic
how to music on droid bbionic
how to play music on my bionic

how to sync music to droid bionic

how to upload music to droid bionic

loading music to a bionic

music on bionic