Music missing from play music after changing file names

LCGarrett

Reaction score
Hello. I'm having an issue with Google Play Music on my Droid 4. I have a couple hundred songs downloaded to my device's internal storage and have previously had no trouble playing the songs in Google Play Music; however, earlier today I decided to organize my music files and I renamed them all so that it would be easier for me to browse through songs. Since renaming the files, only a handful (maybe twenty?) of my songs are showing up in Play Music. I have tried refreshing my library, moved all the files from "downloads" to "music" folder, cleared Play Music cache, and even uninstalled all updates and reverted to the factory Play Music version, all to no avail. Is there a way to manually or forcefully add songs to Google Play's music library?? Thanks!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Have you tried another music player, to see if it reads it? How did you go about naming the files?

OP
L

LCGarrett

Reaction score
Files are all renamed in a consistent format: "Artist - Song Title.extension". Downloaded another music player which does in fact read the files without issue. I'm just annoyed because I can't figure out why I am unable to view the renamed files in Play Music.