Music locking up phone

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
I would think so too... however another android device is just fine with the card... The Airsync Devs claim that my issue is a kernel problem (a few others have been getting it too that use Airsync, however I cannot find a non-airsync user with the issue)

eMWu

Reaction score
I got my D2G recently, running stock firmware. And I'm having phone locking up issues as well.
It looks like my phone can't handle more than ~4GB of data on the memory card. If I put more than that then programs that access the sd card start locking up, eventually making my phone unresponsive or not being able to be woken up.
I'm using this 16GB microsd.
I have yet to test the phone with another microsd card.

biknut1

Reaction score
Yes, I am running the stock ROM. I know that a hard factory reset has been known to cure a variety of ills, but I was hoping to avoid it. I like the stock music app, because it offers the lockscreen music controls. I have tried using widget locker with the phantom music controls app, but I always believed that the stock stuff was just fine.

I would recommend the Zimly player. It is fairly similar to stock, but shows up on lock screen. It also has a "QUIT" button to turn it off when you are finished, unlike stock. Give it a whirl- see what you think!

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
I got my D2G recently, running stock firmware. And I'm having phone locking up issues as well.
It looks like my phone can't handle more than ~4GB of data on the memory card. If I put more than that then programs that access the sd card start locking up, eventually making my phone unresponsive or not being able to be woken up.
I'm using this 16GB microsd.
I have yet to test the phone with another microsd card.

Thats exactly what I found too... Sounds like a software issue. Motorola seemed to drop the ball on their Android setup for this phone. Facebook issues, memory card issues, and a whole slew of other things...