1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Music Library Messed Up

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by xCaldazar, May 24, 2010.

1. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

I just recently rooted my Motorola Droid to 2.1 Bugless Beast, overclocked at 1Ghz, and running the smoked glass theme. I used a program called Easy Phone Tools to move all my music over to my phone, it did so. But there seems to be some sort of glitch with the music sorting. The music is listed alphabetically but when I use the sidebar to scroll random letters come up. I'm not sure if it may be the program, or from rooting. Has anyone else had a similar issue? I searched but didn't see anything similar come up. Here are the ss:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would have posted a hello thread in the welcome or noob sections, but got called in to work early and wanted to get this posted in time. This forum has already been really helpful without even signing up before. :)
  2. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

this is caused by the modded app from cyanogen mod's rom. just reinstall the original music app and it will be back to normal but you will lose out on the artwork in the widget.
  3. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

I would upload ss of what I tried but I'm at work and haven't used picasa before so idc if I can post from there. Anyways I unzipped the bugless beast v1.0 and tried using the music apk in there, but it refused to install. Is there a different one I should use? Or should I do a cmd prompt and su to install it?

Speedy reply btw, I'm impressed you write great software for the droid and help out noobs on your spare time. lol thanks. :)

Here are my attempts now that I'm home (I wish there were spoilers so it isn't such a long post):

First with ASTRO
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  4. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

I wanted to break this up since there are so many pics, so this is the second way I tried to reinstall using eoeAppInstaller.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  5. Anticitizen

Anticitizen New Member

I ran into this too, and ended up buying btunes from the market and using it instead (shrug). Funny thing is, I never saw album art in my widget in the first place.
  6. jrodizkool01

jrodizkool01 New Member

I have this same problem!! Im using the ROM by team chaos though and it's the latest updated version but I've had the same problem in the past with a different ROM. Any idea of what causes this?
  7. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

I think possibly the smoked glass rom that I added in is the cause? Or maybe the 1Ghz rom? Since those are the roms I added in after bugless beast. Unless maybe there is a modded app used in the original bugless beast install that is originally from cyanogen rom.

Haven't found a fix yet, but haven't had much time. gonna have a go at it in a little bit. Will post if I have any luck.
  8. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

I removed it and reinstalled it, but still the same problem persists. Is there a certain way to remove it that I haven't tried?
  9. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

I just did a wipe and reinstalled fresh Bugless Beast v1.1 and it is running great now. :) I couldn't really find another way around it. Maybe I could have downloaded music.apk and done the command switchmusic?
Search tags for this page

android update messed up my music

why does my android music library screw up
why is my music all messed up on android