music issue

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by Defyant, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Defyant

Defyant New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I uploaded a bunch of music. And it seems the default is to alphabetize the songs on cd groups. That sux. How can I fix this so songs appear as they were intended.

Thanks.

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think you can...unless I'm mistaken, but I really don't....just try fiddling around through all the options in the music app...

3. Defyant

Defyant New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I've been doing. There do not seem to be a "settings" option in the music area.

4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No there doesn't does it.....I don't know then, I think their there however it wants them to be there...lol

5. Defyant

Defyant New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My chance to make a contribution....

I just got off the phone with Verizon and Motorola tech support. There is no fix for this.

Leave it to me to find the one thing this incredible and amazing phone can not do: reproduce recorded music as it was intended to be played from the artist!

Major set back!

6. Itamar

Itamar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ??? All my CDs show the proper track order. VZ is clueless and should never be consulted for anything other than your phone bill ....

Try this (PC instructions): Mount the SD card. Use your PCs file manager to find the music files. Right click on a file and select properties. Make sure there are track numbers in the properties, if not add them. If there are no track numbers assigned then the music player will default to alphabetical.

7. Defyant

Defyant New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Motorola tech suggested something similar. I have about 8 gigs of music on board. I'm not going to go through it all to put numbers next to the song titles like they suggest.

I will try to pop the SD card into the computer and transfer the files directly w/o the phone involved.

Droid wizards please create a music sorting app? LOL.

8. Itamar

Itamar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before you do that check the originals for track numbers. If it's not there, it won't display properly in the Droid. The transfer does not modify them. If the info is not there to begin with, it will make no difference.

I've got over 1600 music files taking up ~15 Gb.

9. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Syncing playlists might be a good way to go. My music is all unprotected mp3s, and I use itunes to make playlists and such. I've tried a handful of the sync programs out there, and salling worked best for me.
    Salling Software - Salling Media Sync for Windows

There is a catch though, the free version copies everything at every sync, which can take a while, and the upgrade price is steep, $22. I've whittled my stuff down so I can use the free version without too much headache.