Music interrupted by notifications

Javaslinger

Reaction score
When I get texts, emails, etc notifications my music will pause and play the notification and then resume the music... very annoying.

I would prefer that it only vibrated and displayed the icon during music.

Also, when I get a call during music, the music pauses for the duration of the call, and then when the call is over it resumes briefly and stops.. as if muted. I have to manually stop and restart the song.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Javaslinger

user_online.gif

applefan

Reaction score
When I get texts, emails, etc notifications my music will pause and play the notification and then resume the music... very annoying.

I would prefer that it only vibrated and displayed the icon during music.

Also, when I get a call during music, the music pauses for the duration of the call, and then when the call is over it resumes briefly and stops.. as if muted. I have to manually stop and restart the song.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Javaslinger

user_online.gif

Ok. I have the Galaxy S3 on Sprint network and have noticed that when getting an SMS message, it stops what I am doing and pauses. I, too, am very annoyed by this. I figured out, just for SMS and I'm sure it works for email, twitter notifications and facebook, etc notifications, but for SMS, go into your message threads, click the edit button left to the home button, so Edit>settings>select ringtone>silent. I set my notification to vibrate so I would at least know I got something. At least for my phone I get a vibrate and the message at the top of the screen and it does not interrupt my movie or netflix or whatever. hope it helps. I know this is 2 years old. But maybe it helps someone else. Good luck!