Music + internet = Fail?

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Fault, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everytime I am using a music app, like beyondpod, slacker, pandora, napster, or doubletwist; the app instantly (or a few seconds later) crashes when I use the internet or text, such as apps like market, handcent text messaging, dolphin web browser, google maps, tapatalk, etc. I figured at first this was cause I was using a streaming music app while using the internet, so it killed the internet for the other app. But there 2 major problems:
    1. This happens with music already on the phone, like downloaded podcasts and side loaded music
    2. It happens when I open the text message app. Sometimes it doesn't when I am replying via clicking on the text in the notification bar (sometimes it does) but ALWAYS crashes when I open the text message app to just swnd a new one.

Any ideas on what I can do? I know its not app specific. I use apps like cachemate and appmanager pro, are possibly one of these killing it? If so, why only these apps? Also sometimes if I click on gmaps while listening to a downloaded podcast, it will play on for a minute or two. Once it stops the podcast, when I go back to resume, it resumes from right when I opened gmaps

Please please help! I use my phone for my radio, and I really don't like not being able to use my gmaps and radio at the same time

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    What version of LGB are you using?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most recent of course

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    1.52 streaming Pandora right now (Johnny Cash Radio) and trying like hell to get it to FC by surfing the net, marking text..

hell even got youtube video and pandora 1.5.3 running ATM. And just sent a test message and recieved confirmation from text.

no issue..
    via wifi or 3G.. pandora dimmed volume during my message tone, but that was it.

ps..
    this is with all Liquid Setting stock,
    stock kernal
    no adjustments what so ever...

5. bronx finest

bronx finest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    But you're probably not running any memory-watch apps like the OP is.

Might be that.

6. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean it is getting a FC or the music app just stops? If you mean it just shuts itself off, personally I have yet to find a gingerbread rom that plays well with music apps in memory. CM7 RC4 was doing fairly well, but still its no froyo memory management...

7. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Just making sure. I've been trying to replicate the problem but nothing I did would stop the stream. I would say ditch those memory-watch apps and tell us if it still stops while surfing the net or texting. If it doesn't well those apps are the culprit.

8. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea maybe ill try removing my app manager, might help

9. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    yes if the reply was indeed to me.. no memory watchers etc...
    I used memorykilleroptimizer (sp?) back in the day, but since LGB 1.xxx being on nightlies I quit using any type of optimizers... Flashing rom's on a daily basis 1)didn't have time to install and run the "optimizer" apps. and 2) didn't feel if I did run them that I would be giving the lastest build a "true" test and able to report back to Liquid any "bugs" I find.

these apps include the likes of setcpu, memory optimizer killer, and a few battery diagonisis apps. etc...

LGB1.52 especially has shown no need for any of those types of apps for me.

I was diehard setcpu "screen off " declocking to save battery kinda guy but have found that I no longer need it.
    To tell you the truth I feel those kind of apps may be causing more battery drain, memory leaks, heat etc...

Think about it, setcpu running in the background checking (however it does) if the screen goes off, what the battery % is and the cpu temperature had to be running using the CPU which in turns raises the temp and drains the battery. I by no means am a genius (no matter how much I tell myself) but just seems it's wasting mhz somewhere~s....

I just wonder sometimes if out of habit we android users are installing and running the "helper" apps directly after flashing the latest and greatest of ROM's and not even letting the ROM do it's thang...

yeah I paid for setcpu back in the FROYO days and it helped alot well worth the 3.99 or whatever but will gladly say I don't need it anymore. (too late for a refund?)

just my .02 and really not intended for anyone in-particular, more so all of us.

10. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this... music players would always get killed if i went to a different app while it was playing. pretty much any app either, doesnt matter

11. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Removing the app manager, as I thought, did nothing

12. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Did you try LGB 1.6, if you haven't test out those apps without installing the apps you think may be causing the issue. I only use Pandora but it didn't stop streaming for me when I tried to replicate your issue.

Search tags for this page

android listen to youtube with screen off

android music stops when web surfing

can i listen to youtube music and surf the net at the same t

can i surf the internet while listening to pandora on my and