Music in seperate folders?

Reaction score
is there a way to separate music on the droid into folders? if i drop and drag from the pc they all get blended.

thanks for the help!

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
Well you can drag a playlist into the phone and it will save it in my playlists
at least thats what mine does.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how are you transferring your files to the droid?

I have to tell my droid WHERE I want my files going I just don't drag and drop.
here is how I do it.

1.plug USB into computer
2.pull down notifications and select "USB connected"
3. MOUNT

from there my computer has a pop up window telling me a new device has been detected and asks me what i want to do.

4.select open in folder to view files.

I have a on my SD card a folder I created called Media and with in that folder I have 3 subfolders /Audio/Photo/Video

with in my audio I have Music/Music Videos/Ringtones/Notifications

with in my music I have all my subfolders by artist wiht in those I have my albums.

but you see I have to tell those files were I want them on my droid there is no just draging and dropping.

-=Jason=-

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
Thats strange my computer automatically knows i want to sync a music playlist to the sd card when i open windows media and playlists and then i just drag it and dropit into the sd card not a subfolder. Then turns out perfect.

OP
S
Reaction score
i just dropped a folder called music A-M on the droid but when i go to the player it mixes the other folder i have called N-Z together.

if i use AStro or ES File Explorer then i can navigate by folder.

thanks

edit
I got it now. if i go to "album" my folder A-M is there :)

Last edited:

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
i just dropped a folder called music A-M on the droid but when i go to the player it mixes the other folder i have called N-Z together.

if i use AStro or ES File Explorer then i can navigate by folder.

thanks

edit
I got it now. if i go to "album" my folder A-M is there :)

It is a music player so it will mix them together it doesn't hold files in it. I would just go to windows media and make a huge playlist of your music file and it will appear in the playlist section of your droid see if this works

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wold HATE having my droid synced with my music on my computer.... 100 + gigs trying to sync to a 16gig = BAD IDEA

I just put what I am in the mood for on the phone and rotate from there. no syncing to be had here

-=Jason=-

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the advice and info. i normally dont even care and wouldnt even put music on the droid. since i use pandora, imusic etc etc.... but i am going on a trip and want to make sure i got some tunes and not have to rely on an internet connection.

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
how are you transferring your files to the droid?

I have to tell my droid WHERE I want my files going I just don't drag and drop.
here is how I do it.

1.plug USB into computer
2.pull down notifications and select "USB connected"
3. MOUNT

from there my computer has a pop up window telling me a new device has been detected and asks me what i want to do.

4.select open in folder to view files.

I have a on my SD card a folder I created called Media and with in that folder I have 3 subfolders /Audio/Photo/Video

with in my audio I have Music/Music Videos/Ringtones/Notifications

with in my music I have all my subfolders by artist wiht in those I have my albums.

but you see I have to tell those files were I want them on my droid there is no just draging and dropping.

-=Jason=-
How does this work for pics? I would like all my photos in one place but will differant apps get upset if I start moving stuff around?