Music from X2 to car speakers.

tvs

Reaction score
What do I need to buy to listen to music on X2 through car speakers? If not possible, how listen to X2 music in car?

Wraith

Reaction score
Car audio

I would suggest replacing your stereo head unit. And try your phone out on it first to make sure it connects well if you want USB data.

When I had my Droid I spent several weeks, or months looking before I got my Sony. Then I switch phones to the X2 and my head unit does not sync anymore (there are supposedly apps, but have not tried to resync my SD card). But stereo plug still sounds great. At the very least a stereo input jack will work.

I suggest NOT getting stereo modulators for your antenna, wireless RF transmitters, or bluetooth. I tried all of these and was not happy.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Though I gave up on my X2, I use an FM transmitter. Used the same one for years with my Eris and now with my Bionic. Plugs into the power outlet/cigarette lighter, has a 3.5mm connector cable and you just set it on the right channel and play. Also works as a hands free head set. I could not have survived my old job without it. Driving 2-3 hours a day minimum, I wouldn't have survived without music. I got mine for like $25 off Amazon. I wouldn't recommend spending less than $20 on one but I highly recommend this over anything else.

Edit: Almost forgot, one of the reasons I gave up on my X2 was the various audio issues. I could've dealt with the audio skips and pops since I generally don't multi-task while listening. But it would just randomly stop playing and the music player would close. See my thread "Making it clear on X2 audio issues and gingerbread." I did find a semi-fix to the issue, so if you find you have it as well, check the last page of there for a solution.

OP
T

tvs

Reaction score
Music from X2 to car speakers

Thank you for your reply.
1. I'm obviously not that up to what device I need to buy to connect to the lighter socket. I want to try to play through the car speakers and not bring portable speakers to the car. If you have a suggestion as to what I should get, I'd appreciate it. BTY, if you're on the FM dial, what happens if you're driving away from the local station; how do you get to a different station?
2. How do you like the Bionic? I was waiting for months for it to come out and finally last May bought the X2 which I like. I'm now about to get my wife a Droid and thought about the Bionic (give her my X2 for the Bionic). Your thoughts?

boinkman

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. 1. I'm obviously not that up to what device I need to buy to connect to the lighter socket. I want to try to play through the car speakers and not bring portable speakers to the car. If you have a suggestion as to what I should get, I'd appreciate it. BTY, if you're on the FM dial, what happens if you're driving away from the local station; how do you get to a different station? 2. How do you like the Bionic? I was waiting for months for it to come out and finally last May bought the X2 which I like. I'm now about to get my wife a Droid and thought about the Bionic (give her my X2 for the Bionic). Your thoughts?
A couple of weeks ago I went to CompUSA and bought the Motorola 505 for 54 bucks for the same reasons you specify. It works as an FM transmitter as well as a bluetooth music streaming and hands-free calling device. The unit pairs easily with your phone and lasts for days on one charge via included car charger. The 505 scans for FM stations for you and announces them. When a particular station becomes unusable, you tap on the FM button on the unit and it will call out a different station for you to try. Don't like the reception? Just tap again until you find a good one. Works great on my DX2 and I have no music streaming problems. I use it with Winamp, PowerAmp, TuneIn Radio, Audio Galaxy and other apps. Call quality is excellent over your speakers, much better than bluetooth headsets. Hope this helps.

jduale51

Reaction score
As k1ngr4 suggested, an fm transmitter should do the job. I've been using a Belkin I bought from Best Buy. Paid around $40 a few years ago. Doesnt have the greatest sound, but it gets the job done, and has survived in spite of being used by both of my teenage kids. I dont use the music player, but stream SiriusXM as I drive, so that may be an issue. It's pretty easy to use. Plug the audio jack into your DX2, the other end into the aux/lighter socket, set the device to an unused fm location (ex. 105.3), and your fm radio to the same location.

OP
T

tvs

Reaction score
Music from X2 to car speakers

It does help, thank you.
Now how about the Bionic?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I freakin' love my Bionic. Haven't found a major problem yet (whereas I found 2 on day 1 with my X2), some minor imperfections but I know they'll be fixed eventually as it's a new phone.

I also use the Satechi Soundfly, though when it comes to FM transmitters, I'd say it is definitely not pricey. Some go up to $150. I prefer these because they aren't wireless and don't need to be charged since it uses the cigarette lighter in the car.

Amazon.com: Soundfly SD WMA/MP3 Player Car Fm Transmitter for SD Card, USB Stick, Mp3 Players (iPod, Zune): Electronics

As for how it works, you actually just put your radio on an unused station, usually will be somewhere in the 87's/88's (I use 88.3) and you set the device to the same station. Plug it in, good to go. It also acts as a hands-free device and you can make calls through the speakers.

OP
T

tvs

Reaction score
FM Transmitter

Thank you all for your advice. I just ordered a
[h=1]Satechi Bluetooth Hands-free Car Stereo Fm Transmitter and hope I like it. [/h]

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Hope it works out, I'm not a fan of the wireless cause every one I've tried is more static-y than the wired ones I've used. Oh well....

TCJ5475

Reaction score
I also use the Satechi Soundfly, though when it comes to FM transmitters, I'd say it is definitely not pricey. Some go up to $150. I prefer these because they aren't wireless and don't need to be charged since it uses the cigarette lighter in the car.

Amazon.com: Soundfly SD WMA/MP3 Player Car Fm Transmitter for SD Card, USB Stick, Mp3 Players (iPod, Zune): Electronics

So glad I stumbled across this post. I was actually looking for something like this last weekend so I could play Pandora or Slacker Radio through the car speakers. I love that you can actually put an SD card in there as well!