Music from PC to Bionic

auburn1

Reaction score
Good grief, I can fly Airliners and I guess if it wasnt for this forum, you are on your own figuring how to do things with Motorola Bionic's. All I want to do is move pictures and Music (in my Windows Media) to the Bionic. Just had a heart attack with Zumocast that basically moved MY ENTIRE Music, downloads, Pictures, desktop, etc to the cell phone. I thought I can plug my USB into the PC and then the Bionic and transfer music and pictures at will in the DISPLAY Gallery. Not that easy. Ok, I will teach you to fly a 777, if you teach me this. I cant be this stupid? And I thought I had more than basics PC experience.
Bill

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do you have USB Mass Storage checked?...and you certain the USB cable is actually connecting your Bionic to the PC (some generic cables have been said to have problems)....then you should be able to copy and paste anything.... forget off hand if you need your music on either your sdcard or sdcard-ext, or it can be on whichever, haven't checked but you should if you're experiencing quirks

713King

Reaction score
When you connect your phone to pc with USB go to the drop down menu on your phone (Notifications) and make sure USB Mass Storage is clicked. Than just open up whatever drive it is make a Folder called music and just drag and drop, do the same for pictures like wallpapers.

OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
Oh boy, where is this Drop down menu again, how do I see that?.. I hit Notifications on the home page but I get my weather bug thing, but I dont understand where I would find USB Mass Storage is at?

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, where is this Drop down menu again, how do I see that?.. I hit Notifications on the home page but I get my weather bug thing, but I dont understand where I would find USB Mass Storage is at?

when you plug your phone into the pc ... take ur finger and from the top of your swipe down... if there isn't anything that says pc mode... charging or USB mass storage.... try a different usb port because the phone isn't being recognized by the pc

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
Tried that.. but here is the funny thing that might be confusing to me. The only USB to cell connector cord I have is the one that goes to a Navigation Dock. The cell phone side plug shows NOT to plug into the phone and the USB shows not to plug into the PC... that goes into the battery charger. Soooo, do I need to get a proper big USB to little USB cell phone plug somewhere. Its not recog the cell because I am using that plug I guess. Ever seen anything like that? I guess Verizon sells those or a Cable place locally does.? That stinks. $300 phone and you have to buy a cable.? I got the Bionic with the car mount included.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried that.. but here is the funny thing that might be confusing to me. The only USB to cell connector cord I have is the one that goes to a Navigation Dock. The cell phone side plug shows NOT to plug into the phone and the USB shows not to plug into the PC... that goes into the battery charger. Soooo, do I need to get a proper big USB to little USB cell phone plug somewhere. Its not recog the cell because I am using that plug I guess. Ever seen anything like that? I guess Verizon sells those or a Cable place locally does.? That stinks. $300 phone and you have to buy a cable.? I got the Bionic with the car mount included.

everyone uses the cables provided when you bought the phone

OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
I understand that, but it doesnt work and the cable actually has a tag on it that says dont plug the USB into the PC, just the car charger, and the little plug has a tag that has an X on the cell phone but ok on the Navigation dock. I will check tomorrow that they didnt give me the data cord with the same fittings. But the box was sealed. In fact, attached to the larger USB plug is another plug that looks like it takes a plug from an ear piece.. maybe to play the navigation on the car sterio? No instructions, anything

Last edited:

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
auburn,

in the box your Bionic came in there should have been a power plug plus a USB cable under the part where the phone sat on top.
you just lift up that cardboard piece and you should find the USB cable along with some documentation.

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
Use the Verizon V Cast Media Manager. The program automatically loaded on my PC when I first hooked up my phone. It was very easy to move the albums over to my phone.

By the way, Go Tigers!!! (Clemson)

tno

Reaction score
Hey Auburn,

Out of curiosity, who do you fly for? Always wanted to be a pilot myself.

tno

DroidAxiom

Reaction score
I used dropbox myself.

Unfortunately, there's a 2 gb limit with the free account, but it was enough to move the things I needed onto my phone without any cables.

TatDroid

Reaction score
If you want to put the music or pics on the phone's external microSD card, I believe one option would be to: power the phone down, remove the microSD card, slide the microSD card into a full size SD card adaptor, place the full size SD card into your computer's card reader slot, then create folders and drag and drop files to the SD card as you'd normally do. Then return microSD card to phone and power back up.

Last edited:

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Also, if you currently use iTunes or have a playlist built in your Windows Media Manager and want it transferred to your phone, DoubleTwist from the marketplace is a good idea. The free version is actually better than the paid version, for the time being anyway. The big selling point (and only real difference) with the paid version is that it lets you wirelessly sync your media to your phone. What they don't tell you is that the wireless sync will only work if you're saving to internal memory. If you're like me and the other 99% of users, you want it saved to your ext SD. The free version does it just as well as the paid, only you need to hook it up via usb.

OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
I fly for USAIR... trust me, Glass Instrument panels are much easier than this phone