1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Music from PC to Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by auburn1, Oct 27, 2011.

1. auburn1

auburn1 New Member

Good grief, I can fly Airliners and I guess if it wasnt for this forum, you are on your own figuring how to do things with Motorola Bionic's. All I want to do is move pictures and Music (in my Windows Media) to the Bionic. Just had a heart attack with Zumocast that basically moved MY ENTIRE Music, downloads, Pictures, desktop, etc to the cell phone. I thought I can plug my USB into the PC and then the Bionic and transfer music and pictures at will in the DISPLAY Gallery. Not that easy. Ok, I will teach you to fly a 777, if you teach me this. I cant be this stupid? And I thought I had more than basics PC experience.
    Bill
  2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Do you have USB Mass Storage checked?...and you certain the USB cable is actually connecting your Bionic to the PC (some generic cables have been said to have problems)....then you should be able to copy and paste anything.... forget off hand if you need your music on either your sdcard or sdcard-ext, or it can be on whichever, haven't checked but you should if you're experiencing quirks
  3. 713King

713King New Member

When you connect your phone to pc with USB go to the drop down menu on your phone (Notifications) and make sure USB Mass Storage is clicked. Than just open up whatever drive it is make a Folder called music and just drag and drop, do the same for pictures like wallpapers.
  4. auburn1

auburn1 New Member

Oh boy, where is this Drop down menu again, how do I see that?.. I hit Notifications on the home page but I get my weather bug thing, but I dont understand where I would find USB Mass Storage is at?
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

when you plug your phone into the pc ... take ur finger and from the top of your swipe down... if there isn't anything that says pc mode... charging or USB mass storage.... try a different usb port because the phone isn't being recognized by the pc

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. auburn1

auburn1 New Member

Tried that.. but here is the funny thing that might be confusing to me. The only USB to cell connector cord I have is the one that goes to a Navigation Dock. The cell phone side plug shows NOT to plug into the phone and the USB shows not to plug into the PC... that goes into the battery charger. Soooo, do I need to get a proper big USB to little USB cell phone plug somewhere. Its not recog the cell because I am using that plug I guess. Ever seen anything like that? I guess Verizon sells those or a Cable place locally does.? That stinks. $300 phone and you have to buy a cable.? I got the Bionic with the car mount included.
  7. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

everyone uses the cables provided when you bought the phone

8. auburn1

auburn1 New Member

I understand that, but it doesnt work and the cable actually has a tag on it that says dont plug the USB into the PC, just the car charger, and the little plug has a tag that has an X on the cell phone but ok on the Navigation dock. I will check tomorrow that they didnt give me the data cord with the same fittings. But the box was sealed. In fact, attached to the larger USB plug is another plug that looks like it takes a plug from an ear piece.. maybe to play the navigation on the car sterio? No instructions, anything
  9. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

auburn,

in the box your Bionic came in there should have been a power plug plus a USB cable under the part where the phone sat on top.
    you just lift up that cardboard piece and you should find the USB cable along with some documentation.
  10. blufftontiger

blufftontiger New Member

Use the Verizon V Cast Media Manager. The program automatically loaded on my PC when I first hooked up my phone. It was very easy to move the albums over to my phone.

By the way, Go Tigers!!! (Clemson)
  11. tno

tno New Member

Hey Auburn,

Out of curiosity, who do you fly for? Always wanted to be a pilot myself.

tno
  12. DroidAxiom

DroidAxiom New Member

I used dropbox myself.

Unfortunately, there's a 2 gb limit with the free account, but it was enough to move the things I needed onto my phone without any cables.

13. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

If you want to put the music or pics on the phone's external microSD card, I believe one option would be to: power the phone down, remove the microSD card, slide the microSD card into a full size SD card adaptor, place the full size SD card into your computer's card reader slot, then create folders and drag and drop files to the SD card as you'd normally do. Then return microSD card to phone and power back up.
  14. Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea New Member

Also, if you currently use iTunes or have a playlist built in your Windows Media Manager and want it transferred to your phone, DoubleTwist from the marketplace is a good idea. The free version is actually better than the paid version, for the time being anyway. The big selling point (and only real difference) with the paid version is that it lets you wirelessly sync your media to your phone. What they don't tell you is that the wireless sync will only work if you're saving to internal memory. If you're like me and the other 99% of users, you want it saved to your ext SD. The free version does it just as well as the paid, only you need to hook it up via usb.
  15. auburn1

auburn1 New Member

I fly for USAIR... trust me, Glass Instrument panels are much easier than this phone
  16. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

4 options should come up when you plug in via USB; PC Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB Mass Storage and Charging Only. If you use the PC Mode, it'll see the memory as one big area. If you want to put the Music, etc on the SD card you'll want to use USB Mass Storage. Before using that I was told to go to Settings>Applications>Development and then click "USB Debugging." This way you'll see 2 removable drives MOT (internal) and your SD-EXT (external). If you use that, be sure to "eject" both drives.
  17. auburn1

auburn1 New Member

OK..... I hear there is a NEW RULE... You are allowed 1 Stuck on Moron question a year on this forum....lol

I DO HAVE that USB cable........ahhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,, its the one that plugs into the charger (the ones for the Nav port are not the ones I need).. so thank all for guiding me to that. I am sure it will work when I try it.. I was up to 4am working on this... So, All good now. Good Grief, I am embarrassed. Thanks for the help.
  18. auburn1

auburn1 New Member

AFF709: I got the USB connection showing and I hit USB Mass Storage, a file opens on the PC called LOST.DIR. Now do I put some photos in that file which can then be read my the GALLERY icon? Can I trouble you for steps past hitting USB mass Storage.

One thing I noticed, when I hit Windows Media Sunc (above USB Mass Storage)...it seems to be dumping ALLLLL my photos, music, etc. So I canceled that. Also a Verizon V cast window popped up... what do you think about that?

I am almost there.. thanks

OOOOOOOOOOOO.... I think it worked... a box opened up and I hit IMPORT photos... waaaala..... THANKKKKKKSSSSSSSS ALL.. this forum ROCKS... I think I got it. I should work for the FBI... making a Federal Case out of everything. woooossshhhh.
  19. Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea New Member

You should be able to view your drive in folder view, no? When I plugged my phone in and chose USB Mass storage on the phone, a window popped up on my computer screen asking how I wanted to view it, and I chose folders. So it opened up an explorer folder view, and I just created a folder in there that I named music and just started dragging and dropping.
  20. auburn1

auburn1 New Member

AMen to that... I am going to try it on songs now.... crossing my fingers. thanks
Search tags for this page
adding music to droid bionic
download music to droid bionic
droid bionic transfer music from computer
how do i copy music from my laptop to my droid bionic
how do i transfer music from computer to bionic

how to add music to droid bionic

how to add music to your driod bionic
how to copy music to droid bionic
how to download music to droid bionic
how to download music to your motorola bionic phone
how to listen to my music on bionic from pc