Music files on sd card not recognized

ecronin14

Reaction score
i downloaded music files from itunes to my droid sd card. They are all there but less than half of them are recognized by the music player. is there something i need to do?
Thanks

mikes

Reaction score
Droid won't recognize (and can't play) ITMS protected files (those with a .m4p extension). .mp3 and .m4a are fine.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i downloaded music files from itunes to my droid sd card. They are all there but less than half of them are recognized by the music player. is there something i need to do?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum, ecronin14! Did you check to see if they're protected files or not? If they're older purchases, they probably are and you have to pay iTunes to 'unprotect' them and make them usable on the Droid. That would be my first guess. This video should help you out.

[video=youtube;AyM5iJeuLQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyM5iJeuLQs]YouTube - Copy iTunes to Droid the Easy Way[/video]

OP
E

ecronin14

Reaction score
Anne:
That is the most understandable answer to a complicated question i have ever received. the short video was great. thanks so much.

kylereu

Reaction score
Wow, thank you on the video. I knew how to put music on already but did not know how to get protection off some of my songs. Helpful!