Music downloads not playing on Droid

JimHambleton

Reaction score
After the most recent updates to my original Droid, the music I had downloaded is no longer accessible. I get an error message that says "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". I have tried to download mp3 players from the applications on the phone with no success. Any suggestions? The music was working fine until an update a couple of weeks ago. thank you

jctarvin

Reaction score
Same issue

I am having same problem, but have only had phone for less than a week. Loaded one album onto SD card in a folder called MUSIC. The built-in music player found it and played it.

Now, all of a sudden, the player can find it, but I get the same message, "Sorry the player does not support this type of audio file". Which incidentally are all .mp3 files.:mad:

Any ideas??

John

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm not sure if this helps, but people have reported similar issues with playing video files.
If you tried playing a bad file, playing files after that that worked before no longer played either. Doing a battery-pull fixes that issue, so it might do the same for your music files.

If it still doesn't work, try connecting the phone to your computer so it shows up as a drive, and then try playing the mp3's on your computer from the phone.

If you are using a memorycard, it is possible something corrupted the file-index or something on it. If possible, copy all the contents into a folder on your computer, then format the card on the phone itself, connect it again, and copy the contents back onto it.

jctarvin

Reaction score
Fixed!

DVD Catalyst....

Removing the battery and re-installing (probably could have done a hard shut off) cleared the problem!! Many thanks! ~John :icon_ banana:

dscr

Reaction score
Any other suggestions. I tried pulling the battery and still have the same problem.

D

dvdcatalyst

Any other suggestions. I tried pulling the battery and still have the same problem.

jctarvin did a little bit more than just the battery-pull to fix it on his.

Have you tried my other suggestions from this thread?