music downloaded

bnbpaintballer

Reaction score
I down loaded a bunch of songs and put them in the download file of the memory card and only a few of them show up in the phone. Can someone help me out?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put them in the Music file....if there isn't a Music file then just make one

OP
B

bnbpaintballer

Reaction score
Still didnt work. I put the memory card in and clicked create folder, named it music and the dragged all the song from the downloaded file to the new music file and nothing.

ShowTime

Reaction score
What do you mean, they don't show up in the phone? When you open the music player, they aren't there? But they are on your SD card in a Music folder? You said a few do show up... did you download all of them from the same place? Are they all the same file type?

OP
B

bnbpaintballer

Reaction score
Last night I deleted everything (music) off the phone and off the card. Then I created another music file, this time in the download file and I moved all the music to there. Now no songs show up on the phone but when I open the music folder they are there.

I am downloading songs to a folder on the computer then I highlight them and click send to. Then I have to go in the memory card and move the music into the music file.

Last edited:

ShowTime

Reaction score
I created a folder called Music right on the main card screen (not inside the download folder or any other folder) and they show up fine. To move them from your PC to your phone, try copy/pasting them instead of "send to". Don't know that that will matter though.
Also, are you trying to find the songs on your phone while it's still connected to your PC? When the card is mounted to your PC, the phone won't be able to see any data on it. Once you add your music to your card folder, you have to unmount the card before the phone will be able to find any of the music.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's an app called "SDrescan". It simply re-scans your SD card. Great for when you download/paste/move things onto the SD card and they don't show up (ie music and pictures).

OP
B

bnbpaintballer

Reaction score
Turns out that even though I signed up for a subscription and could download songs I could not burn a cd or copy the files unless I purchased each idividual song. Soooo, I am trying to end that sub and I payed another site and its working like a champ. It does matter if i use a music file or no everything is playing!

A guy on another forum put together a piece that splices into the xm in my ride and plays songs from the phone straight through xm. Shows song title and artist just like the xm. So I have been trying to stock up on tunes! Thanks for everyone trying to help me. Turns out I didnt know what I was signing up for.
Brian