music disappearing from music app on GummyNex 1.0.0.2

Reaction score
sorry if I am posting this in the wrong location

anyway this rom is perfect and extremely smooth except for the following issue which is that while the music itself is not going anywhere, like not being deleted from the SD card

it is constantly disappearing and reappearing from the default music app on this rom as well as Winamp, and playlists disappear more often than the music itself does

I was going to give PowerAmp a try to fix this issue, but that app constantly crashes on my phone no matter what rom I am running

used RescanMediaRoot, that didn't help much either

any suggestions would be great, do not want to leave this rom over this one issue, but this is my main media listening device as well

OP
E
Reaction score
oh and the camera folder in the gallery also keeps disappearing as well

leftspin

Reaction score
If this is happening to you on the Nexus you should post this in the GNex section.

OP
E
Reaction score
wow no sorry, I can not believe I didn't post that in the post... it is on my DroidX

leftspin

Reaction score
wow no sorry, I can not believe I didn't post that in the post... it is on my DroidX

Oh okay, you said GummyNex in the OP so I figured you meant the Nexus. You just meant Gummy ICS for the DX. You could try updating to the newest Gummy (1.0.1) and see if that fixes your issue.

OP
E
Reaction score
well damn, as I should have known by the given code name of maguro instead of shadow, the 1.0.1 build is for the galaxy nexus and not the droidx

I can not find a 1.0.1 build for the droidx, and who knows that may fix my issue

OP
E
Reaction score
OH wow, thanks, do you think I need to wipe data to install that? or should cache partition and dalvik cache be fine?

Savagerun

Reaction score
He was on 1.0.0.2, at least that's what the title in the OP said, so he doesn't have to wipe data.

Ok that's cool . This thread confused me for a minute and i didnt think he was on gummy yet so i figured i better edit and ask to make sure .

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
E
Reaction score
thanks, doing so now, will post if it fixes the issue when done... thank you all so much!!!

OP
E
Reaction score
yea it didn't work, still same problem

I am thinking of deleting all the music from the phone... re-adding it and seeing that fixes the problem

I love this ROM so much!!! I hate to give it up and go back to Liberty3 2.0... which would be the next best thing, but yea loving this rom so much better