Music control from pulldown shade (possible?)

dima1109

Reaction score
I've been a happy Droid owner for 8 months now, but the one thing I really miss about the iPhone is the media controls "on-demand", meaning a home button double-click brings up a popup with play/pause-next-prev buttons. In Android, it's a bit of a pain to do those tasks without having a permanent home or lock screen widget. I guess what I'm looking for is an app that could live in the notification shade whenever the music player is running, but that contains music controls in addition to the track info. Would such a thing be possible? Would Android even allow an interactive notification like that?

AKValle26

Reaction score
There's an app called quickdesk that, when you doubletap home, pulls up a screen where you can put icons/widgets

You could put the music control widget there and voila

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not only can QuickDesk pull up a whole screen of apps (or widgets, shortcuts, etc.), but it can be set to work with a long press of the search button as well as a double-press of the home key. I also use Launcher Pro for my home launcher app and have it set to 5 rows of apps per column, or 20 apps per screen, and guess what? QuickDesk gives me 5 rows as well! Believe me, having up to 20 of the most used apps or widgets available at a button press is primo.

Then there are similar "slide out" sidebars for home theme 91PandaHome 1.9.5 (and maybe other home themes), and it allows up to 3 per side of the screen for a total of 6 slide-out sidebars. The sidebars are about 1/3 of the screen width and can support one app by default each, or you can change the height of the bar to accept as many apps as the standard screen height (4). This way, 6 bars, 4 apps each, 24 apps total, and again all within a simple press of the screen. The only drawback is that they are only available while on the home screen.

Another option is BarControl, which allows you to add applications right to the status bar pull-down for direct access on any screen where the status bar is visible. Couple that with an app to control the player (must be one out there somewhere) and you have the solution you are looking for.