Music collection from the ground up.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Blackstack, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Blackstack

Blackstack New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well after wearing out my 128 and 160 kbps MP3's from the old Napster days and listening to YouTube videos of questionable quality I'm ready to pull the trigger and start a music collection from the ground up. Most of my old CD's are of little value either as my taste in music has definitely changed over the years. What is the best and most economical way to accomplish this now? I want to listen on my PC and my Droid X. I plan on buying 100-200 songs ASAP. Is Itunes the way to go or are there alternatives that are better or cheaper?

TIA

2. LocoRon

LocoRon Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Find bands you like and go to their websites. Some will offer their music for free (either a few songs, a few albums, or everything, depending on how nice they are).

You could also try streaming apps like Pandora or whatever is popular (I have no experience with these), if you want to see what is out there while expanding your collection.

3. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    I've found iTunes to actually be more expensive than most other sites. CDNow (Amazon) is good.

4. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +160
    Amazon is good for buying music and you might want to try 360sharpro.com if your looking to buy songs. iTunes can be expensive if your a music guru like myself

5. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    There is a notice on their site stating they no longer distribute free software.

I used to be able to find offshore English sites that offered music for $0.01 each. You could buy a full album for like $0.10. I can't find them anymore, though.