1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Music choppy / skipping

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by AFX, Mar 21, 2010.

1. AFX

AFX New Member

Well, I loaded all my music onto my Droid and started listening to it only to find that my music is choppy and skipping. Huge disappointment there. The files themselves are perfectly fine and play without a problem on my computer, MP3 player, etc.

My guess is they just did a crappy job programming it so that the music player would allocate memory correctly so as to not skip. When I kill all the tasks and am only listening to music and doing nothing else, it isn't that bad. It's still present, which is unacceptable, but it gets really bad when trying to do anything else. Pretty lame considering one of this phone's main features is multitasking and I can't even check my email without my music getting choppy and skipping around. Sucks.

Are others experiencing this? Are there any solutions?
    I'm running 2.1 Bugless Beast 0.8, by the way.
  2. Rootburr

Rootburr New Member

Saw someone suggest this and seems to make sense...Not really sure WHY this makes a difference but IF the droid doesn't have a way to properly and efficiently bridge this problem:

The SD card is Fat32
    Your windows/Hard Drive is NTFS

Then we're boned.
Search tags for this page

android music skipping

cm7 music skipping

droid 4 music is choppy

htc rezound music player skipping
music skips when multitasking on computer
samsung galaxy choppy music

why are mp3s skipping on my android

why dies my music skip droid x2