Music causes DX to power off...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Many random reboots. The wierd part is that I had the .577 version of GB on mine before the .596 and it was flawless. My phone had never been so good. I thought what the heck I will run the .596 and surely it's better. Had these issues ever since and I don't think it's as fast as .577 was with data. The speedtest results I used to get with .577 were great. If my signal is strong I get good speed with .596, but the signal is rarely as good so the speed suffers. I'm about to the point I'm ready to sbf back and then just reload the .577 or try another rom. In my opinion .596 stinks.

You mean 4.5.573?

Try CM7. Way better than the Moto GB leaks.

MIUI

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
My DX has rebooted since the day I got it. all the different versions of Android, rooted, not rooted, etc...

However, it does it most when I am listening to music, which makes me think it has something to do with the SD card. Maybe a corrupt file or something that causes the Android of a BSOD, which seems to be a reboot...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

MIUI

Except that CM7 doesn't allow you to use GPS, the camera, video, still has some BlueTooth bugs, etc...

It isn't anywhere near ready for prime time on the DX yet. I will gladly rather have a daily reboot than to have to give up some of the most common core features of my phone...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

MIUI

Except that CM7 doesn't allow you to use GPS, the camera, video, still has some BlueTooth bugs, etc...

It isn't anywhere near ready for prime time on the DX yet. I will gladly rather have a daily reboot than to have to give up some of the most common core features of my phone...

Uh, try again. YouTube, camera, GPS, video and more work. I haven't found anything that doesn't. They have added Bluetooth support.

Have you even used it or are you just basing your opinion of the first nightly that came out in June? Sounds like the former.

Don't try it. I'll enjoy my fast, customized phone with no reboots, while you enjoy your stock rebooting phone that has issues playing music.

CM74DX

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

MIUI

Uh, try again. YouTube, camera, GPS, video and more work. I haven't found anything that doesn't. They have added Bluetooth support.

Have you even used it or are you just basing your opinion of the first nightly that came out in June? Sounds like the former.

Don't try it. I'll enjoy my fast, customized phone with no reboots, while you enjoy your stock rebooting phone that has issues playing music.

CM74DX

I thought I was going by the main website which doesn't even list the DX as a supported phone...

So where are you getting the info from?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

I thought I was going by the main website which doesn't even list the DX as a supported phone...

I am getting my info from the nightly website, the fact that I am running it and everything works, and the countless other people who run it and everything works.

BTW, its listed as CDMA_Shadow, not Droid X.

CM74DX

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

I am getting my info from the nightly website, the fact that I am running it and everything works, and the countless other people who run it and everything works.

BTW, its listed as CDMA_Shadow, not Droid X.

CM74DX

I downloaded the latest nightly build, but in reading up it appears that I have to downgrade the phone to Froyo, root it, install ClockWorkMod Bootstrap and then try to install it?

Seems like a lot of work with plenty of opportunities for things to go wrong, just to get the phone to work the way it is supposed to work out of the box... LOL

If they come up with an easy install I will consider it, CM7 does look cool, but for now it just isn't worth the hassle to avoid a reboot a few times a week...

OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I found that if the music player is on the screen when the display goes off...."poof". I start the music, set to randomize, +minimize it+ then turn off the display. No more problems.
This worked. Thanks.