Music auto starting when connecting to Car BT

robdam1001

Reaction score
I don't want music to automatically start EVERY time I get in my car. Is there a setting to disable auto start? I have the Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. Thanks.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I don't want music to automatically start EVERY time I get in my car. Is there a setting to disable auto start? I have the Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. Thanks.

What year/brand/model vehicle? My 2012 Dodge Durango only does that if I select it as an audio device.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Google Play I think

When you linked your phone to the stereo by bluetooth, presumably so you can answer calls through the stereo, the phone offers to play audio. The stereo is taking it up on that offer, without your wanting it to. My stereo only does that when I tell it to, but yours seems to be doing that automatically. You'll want to check your stereo settings and disable any auto-play setting, or any setting that tells which devices are for music. Just checking on the S4, couldn't spot any settings there.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
In my car I have to select BT as a music source before it will play.

mykl376

Reaction score
The same thing happens to me, and I have an aftermarket Kenwood deck, and a Motorola Droid Bionic. It starts playing from Google Play automatically if my deck input is set to Bluetooth. It never bothered me much, because if I had my input set to Bluetooth, then I was probably going to listen to some music. If my phone is connected to the deck, but I'm listening to regular radio, it will still interrupt for a phone call, no problems there. It's either a setting on your radio, or possibly even the Google Play Music app.