Music and Text shut off.

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
I have noticed that this only happens when I am doing this. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue or not but here goes. Whenever I listen to my music and during a text message my phone will just shut off. I am just using the google music and handscent messanger. I don't know if it is a bad combo or what but I have experienced it almost daily. Anyone else with this issue or solution please let me know.

prowler85

Reaction score
I use google music and handcent, and have received texts while listening to music, but it just pauses the music briefly and then goes on playing. It could be what you have set as your notification. I don't have anything special set (no special ringtones or anything), so it's just a brief pause. Are you saying that your phone shuts off completely or does it reboot or just kick you out of google music?

OP
wetwilly1643

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
I'm saying power off shut off. Like goes blank and powers down. So I'm not sure if its a combo thing or a problem with the programs. Idk

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
wetwilly1643

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
Also the only thing I changed was the handcent skins. Nothing else no notification or anything

prowler85

Reaction score
Yeah, mine definitely doesn't do that. Do you have any special notifications or LED's for the texts coming in? I haven't set anyone to have any special notifications. Could be another program (lightflow??) causing the problem as mine definitely works fine. Could also be a problem with the ringtone you have set.

OP
wetwilly1643

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
I have a different color led and text box style but nothing special. I haven't done to much from stock. It was doing it before my ringtone. Don't have a special text ring town. I'm in silent mode maybe that has something to do with it. I do have a font package and skin. I'm just hoping its not my phone

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I use Handcent, and have experienced this on my DX (doesn't matter which music player).

GeneralZod

Reaction score
So you believe its handcent?
I don't know. You and I are not the first to experience this; the phone shutting down during music playback. When I first experienced the issue, I searched and found that other phones had this same issue. I can tell you I recently swapped my DX for a replacement DX, and the new DX does it far less often. I couldn't say whether it's related to HC or not. One way to know for sure... pull HC off and go native or Go SMS, and see if it still happens. For me personally, it's not worth giving up HC, even if it's the culprit.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use google music and handcent, never had it shut the phone off. I use it all the time in the car and receive texts before. I'm not aware of any sort of setting either.

Give handcent or another 3rd party app a try. I've never heard of this issue before either.

OP
wetwilly1643

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
Yeah maybe I have a bad combo of apps or something. Idk . Its only when I'm in the middle of typing a text. It never does anything any other time. I'll mess with things see what happens

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Yeah maybe I have a bad combo of apps or something. Idk . Its only when I'm in the middle of typing a text. It never does anything any other time. I'll mess with things see what happens
Hmmm... this is actually different from my issue. Mine has never crashed while I was typing. It's always crashed when I receive a text and I'm listening to music.

OP
wetwilly1643

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
Yeah it always does it when I'm mid message. I deleted my font package and we will see what happens