Music and other media on Razr Maxx

bocabean

Reaction score
Hello,

Just for clarification purposes, I consider myself a Newbie, having had this device for only a few days now. My name and membership date are deceptive because I did not have my first Droid very long before I switched back to a Blackberry. But I am back now and posting questions for the past few days.

Today my question is about the Motocast software and whether or not it is a conflict with other third party programs, or if I should even be uninstalling it in some way.

So far, I have managed to get all of my emails set up, arranged to have most of my Outlook synchronizing, although I still have one or two issues there.

Now I want to get my iTunes library loaded and up and running again. When I had my first Droid, I had purchased DoubleTwist. It appears that I still have access to it and I have reloaded the program both on the device and on the Win7 computer.

After finallly figuring out what mode the sync cable should be in (syncing over the air is not that important to me, plus I think the cable might even be faster and less prone to errors), I have the libraries up and running. Problem is that before I did any of this, I found a similar feature with the Motocast and went through the same kind of sync process. Now I am concerned that I have a duplication of libraries on the device, and possibly on the computer as well.

Am I waisting my time using one app versus another? I am finding the Motocast app that shows up in the system tray to be a pain. Initially, every time I plugged in the phone to the computer, the autostart window popped open, followed by an IE9 page opening and asking me to register for Backup Assistant. I finally figured out that I can right click on the system icon and set it to "Do Nothing", however that only prevents the IE9 page from popping open. The autostart still starts.

I may have been born at night, but not last night, and I am not convinced that I should be forced into using Moto anything.

So far, I have been wrong about one or two other assumptions in my effort to get the Razr set up for regular use and I would appreciate any feedback regarding these usb based apps, as far as which ones are preferable, which should be shut off, etc.

Thanks,
Bocabean

Last edited:
OP
bocabean

bocabean

Reaction score
Wow, 357 views and zero replies. I guess silence speaks quite loudly.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really, it just depends on which one you like better. You can delete the duplicate library on the phone.