Multitouch

mthorn79

Reaction score
So I've heard rumors that once a Droid is rooted it's capable of multitouch...haven't found it yet. Is there an app I'm supposed to load to get this to work?

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score
Um...UI doesn't respond at all to multitouch, can't drag 2 or more shortcuts to trash for example, Yahoo mail, can't highlight 2 messages at the same time. Where exactly are you getting multitouch capabilities from?

trillonometry

Reaction score
Things like zooming in and out on maps, browser, photo gallery, and other UI gestures in launcher pro.

Although those would be great implementations of multi-touch that you just mentioned, they arent in the OS yet

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score
If your using Launcher Pro then maybe they've added something to their interface but stock interface with Froyo & rooted still doesn't support multitouch it looks like...yes I do have the pinch to zoom which is an added Froyo feature but on the gallery I still can't select more than one picture at a time.

trillonometry

Reaction score
on launcher pro try pinching the screen... it will give you a preview of all your screens. this is a multi-touch feature... selecting 2 different items is not a feature.. sucks but true

warrior21

Reaction score
If you long press on a picture the option appears to select multiple pictures

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score
Long press doesn't enable you to select more than one picture at the same time though, already tried it, it buzzes after the long press but thats about the extents of it.

Trillonometry: Stock UI lets you longpress the side dots & preview all the screens, honestly I think Launcher Pro was created mainly for 2.1 users wanting what the new 2.2 UI had to offer. Most of the options for LP are in the new 2.2 UI, customizing the size of the homescreen buttons seems to be the true upgrade feature.

trillonometry

Reaction score
launcher pro has customizable screen number, multiple docks, resizable widgets, gesture support on dock, 5 icon row feature, scrollable widget support among many other features the stock launcher does not have. not to mention the scrolling seems snappier and more fluid

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
there is a lot more to LP than that also you could try adw that has the pinch to preview feature also plus you can theme it not sure on LP with that

warrior21

Reaction score
Long press doesn't enable you to select more than one picture at the same time though, already tried it, it buzzes after the long press but thats about the extents of it.

Trillonometry: Stock UI lets you longpress the side dots & preview all the screens, honestly I think Launcher Pro was created mainly for 2.1 users wanting what the new 2.2 UI had to offer. Most of the options for LP are in the new 2.2 UI, customizing the size of the homescreen buttons seems to be the true upgrade feature.

If you long press a picture inside one of the folders in your gallery little check boxes appear on every picture in that folder. You can check multiple pictures, it also gives you the option to select all. I'm not sure if this is what you are trying to do but the option is there, I use it all the time