Multitouch virtual keyboard

itype2slo

Reaction score
Since we know that the Droid supports multitouch, why has no one developed a multitouch keyboard yet? IMO that seems to be one of the biggest drawbacks of the phone.

JFDroid

Reaction score
I agree... I hope someone can root the droid and then port over the HTC keyboard... it's really good. I got to use it on a friend's Hero yesterday and I'm soooooooooooooooo jealous! Way better than the slow android keyboard we get with vanilla android 2.0. Google does a lot of things right, but not everything. :(

bernal125

Reaction score
i had the eris for about 3 days then went to the droid and i much prefer the keyboard on the droid

sir

Reaction score
out of curiosity, what does the multitouch give you? (or is this so you can hold down shift and type caps then let go back to lower-case?)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
out of curiosity, what does the multitouch give you? (or is this so you can hold down shift and type caps then let go back to lower-case?)

Registers more than one touch at a time.... i.e. pinch zooming (registering two contact points on screen... two fingers etc.)

Would give you a lil bit faster typing. I'd def like to see an app add this functionality if it's not gonna show up in the stock OS.

sir

Reaction score
i know what multitouch is =p just wondering what use it has for the keyboard. i guess if you type that crazy fast it's useful?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i know what multitouch is =p just wondering what use it has for the keyboard. i guess if you type that crazy fast it's useful?

yea. just means you can register key presses faster, since you don't have to 'release' one press to register another.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a jerk! LOL