1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Multitouch virtual keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by itype2slo, Dec 2, 2009.

1. itype2slo

itype2slo New Member

Since we know that the Droid supports multitouch, why has no one developed a multitouch keyboard yet? IMO that seems to be one of the biggest drawbacks of the phone.
  2. JFDroid

JFDroid New Member

I agree... I hope someone can root the droid and then port over the HTC keyboard... it's really good. I got to use it on a friend's Hero yesterday and I'm soooooooooooooooo jealous! Way better than the slow android keyboard we get with vanilla android 2.0. Google does a lot of things right, but not everything. :(
  3. bernal125

bernal125 New Member

i had the eris for about 3 days then went to the droid and i much prefer the keyboard on the droid
  4. sir

sir New Member

out of curiosity, what does the multitouch give you? (or is this so you can hold down shift and type caps then let go back to lower-case?)
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Registers more than one touch at a time.... i.e. pinch zooming (registering two contact points on screen... two fingers etc.)

Would give you a lil bit faster typing. I'd def like to see an app add this functionality if it's not gonna show up in the stock OS.
  6. sir

sir New Member

i know what multitouch is =p just wondering what use it has for the keyboard. i guess if you type that crazy fast it's useful?
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

yea. just means you can register key presses faster, since you don't have to 'release' one press to register another.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a jerk! LOL
  8. sir

sir New Member

haha. no worries!
Search tags for this page

multi touch virtual keyboard