Multitouch keyboard in market

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by agdaniels, Jan 17, 2010.

1. agdaniels

agdaniels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since the last thread was closed we get to start a new one... there is a new keyboard in the market called smart keyboard that has multitouch enabled. It isn't great yet, but its a good start.

Its not my default yet but I'm keeping it installed to wait for updates.

And inb4 swypeswypeswype, its not multitouch yet.

2. vpshockwave

vpshockwave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot for this info. This is DEFINITELY progress. Currently if you hit a key while holding another key, it will input the first then the second when you release both. Much better than just repeating the first letter. I'd like it to just input the first letter right when it's hit, but either way it's a big step in the right direction.

3. theguy386

theguy386 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    awesome!!!!!!! right when I was thinking of setting up a paypal reward of $50 for any dev to develop a multi-touch KB.

going to download now and test it out

AND.... its free

EDIT:

ok, after a few test messages and notes.....

this keyboard is a very good start in the right direction; it essentially removes the HUGE letter pop-up from the regular KB , which is what would cause some delay in the first place

BUUUTTT... where it falls short is that the KB layout is a little funny at first (would have to get used to it, but is very do-able); and also this KB has absolutely no auto-correction

but all in all I will be keeping a close eye on the updates of this app

#3 theguy386, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  4. vpshockwave

vpshockwave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the layout is a bit square. I'm too used to the regular one, so I can't type quite right on it yet.

Let's hope for some custom skins and updates.

5. cyril

cyril Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all !

I am the developer of "Smart Keyboard", I am glad to see that there are already comments about it on some forums ! ;-)
    Can you tell me on which phone you use it when posting in this thread ?
    Some users already reported on the market that it is not "real multi-touch"... I don't understand why they say this, as it has exactly the same behaviour as the iPhone (as far as I know).

Of course a lots of features are lacking, but I considered developing them in a non-free version ;)

By the way could you continue the discussion on this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/16607-smart-keyboard.html ?

Thanks

--
    Cyril

#5 cyril, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  6. shademar

shademar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cyril,

I haven't tried the app but will soon. I've been using swype on my droid, which has its ups and downs. Great for random texting of normal words, but not so great for jargon and websites...

Fwiw, I'd be willing to pay for both swype (if it weren't against their business model :p ) and a true MT keyboard.

Good luck!

7. m21knight

m21knight Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe that there are people who can type fast enough on the on screen keboard that they need multitouch...I guess I havent really taken the red pill yet... ;-)

8. mikes

mikes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, you can hold the shift key down, and press a character at the same time, and get a capital letter? Cool. :icon_ lala: