Multitouch Gestures?

Discussion in 'xScope Mobile' started by rjax, May 21, 2010.

1. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rather than having to activate gestures like Dolphin does, it seems like it could be useful if certain multitouch gestures could be assigned to certain functions.

I'd imagine there be a settings sub-menu for Multitouch Gestures (e.g. tap on "Multitouch Gestures" from the main settings menu, and there'd be a bunch of gestures listed -- select one, and a pop-up menu will let you assign a function to the gesture -- the default setting would be "Nothing" for all of them).

I'm not sure how easy/hard it would be to distinguish these from pinch-to-zoom, but if anyone can do it, Gary "Pin-Zoom" Sui can!

For instance, here are a few possibilities:
    Two-finger single/double tap
    Two-finger long press
    Two-finger scroll (up, down, left, right, and alll the diagonals)
    (Does this thing go to three fingers?)

As for what the gestures would do, there are many options...

One idea I had beyond the current browser functions would be a "navBox" (since "xBox" was already taken).

The "navBox" would just be a pop-up with with nice large buttons in maybe a 3x3 or 4x4 grid that would be user-customizable for quick access to whatever makes sense for the user -- a much-used bookmark, page refresh, user agent switch, toggle volume button scroll, volume control (useful if volume button is being used to scroll), pull down notification bar, etc., etc.

If I could activate something like that with a quick two-finger tap, it'd be pretty sweet.

2. garysui

garysui Member

Ratings:
    +0
    rjax,

Great thoughts! I will try to implement some to experiment.

Thanks

3. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with -- you always seem to be able to add neat little twists that keep me excited about xScope!

Search tags for this page
droid calendar gestures
droid razr multi touch gesture

droid x gestures

motorola zoom gestures
on verizon droid what is 3 finger gestures
what are 3 finger gesture on droid
xoom finger gesture