Multiple SMS Sending Over Different ROMs, even phones

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by RMHisCOOL, May 7, 2010.

1. RMHisCOOL

RMHisCOOL New Member

My phone will send texts messages repeatedly, sometimes 5 or 6 times to people. I've read about people having the same issue with handcent, or chomp, or whatever, and their issue seems to always be one app. I have tried handcent and chomp, trying to fix this issue. It has followed me to every ROM (UD, Cyanogen, Zeusdroid) and has even affected the native messager in the Sense UI ROM. So the issue can't simply be with one app, but rather my phone. I got a replacement phone (for an unrelated headphone jack issue), rerooted, and have still had the same issue on different apps and ROMs. Can anyone imagine what could be causing this issue? I don't like the native droid messager, and I like the Sense UI ROM, but this is really annoying people I text.
  2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Are the texts nonsensical?

And if so - does it only happen when the phone is plugged into a non-motorola charger?
  3. djrakun

djrakun New Member

Happens to me even with the native messenger, and for what its worth, happens FROM my friends on other networks. I think the verizon QOS resends messages that might not have made it to the handset. If that's the case u prob aren't being charged for it.

Also fwiw I use google voice app to do all my texting. Free and can redirect to my push email so I get it instantly. More convenient than any sms app bc I can reply to text messages from outlook on my pc. How cool is that?
  4. RMHisCOOL

RMHisCOOL New Member

They're not nonsensical, it sends the same message over and over. I know I'm not being charged because I have unlimited texting, but it drives my friends crazy sometimes. You need an invite to use google voice, right? I haven't had luck getting one before.
Search tags for this page
900-080-004007 text

900-080-004007

900 080-004007

900 080 004007

android fierce text messages being send repeatedly to my phone
android phone sending texts over and over
s3 resend text msgs set