multiple recipients for texting and Gmail

Droyd

Reaction score
I would like to know how to attach multiple recipients when I send out a text message or Gmail from my droid. I am stumped!

raven1911

Reaction score
You mean send something to more than one person at a time?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
In both, start typing the persons name, select it when it auto completes...Start typing the second persons name.....repeat as needed....

OP
D

Droyd

Reaction score
I mean where a list will come up and I can select all the people that I want to receive the text or email. Like my contacts list. Is this doable?

raven1911

Reaction score
I mean where a list will come up and I can select all the people that I want to receive the text or email. Like my contacts list. Is this doable?

I don't use the standard messaging app the phone came with so I am not sure if it does what you are looking for. Handcent app does though. In Handcent app you open the compose screen and just hit the plus sign on the top right and go to your contacts and make checks next to each person you want to add. In gmail I don't think you can do this, but I might be wrong. I just type their names, enter, another persons name, enter and so on.

djdirectdrive

Reaction score
Thank you

I had the same issue regarding emails and text sent to multiple recipients. I found it a little strange that such a feature was not available since it has long been a staple on other non-smart phones. The Handset SMS app works great! All the functionality that I was looking for.

I overcame the e-mail issue by creating distribution groups within g-mail. Those then are available through the phone.

I also had trouble saving pictures from text to the phone but realized that if you do a long press on the picture while viewing the text in either the original message app or in the Handset sms app, an options menu appears.

Thanks for the great advice!!! Viva la Droid!

DjSmooth

Reaction score
I would like to know how to attach multiple recipients when I send out a text message or Gmail from my droid. I am stumped!

Ok, here's what you do, open the native messaging (instead of choosing contacts) press Menu and choose "compose" start typing the first name, you will see your contacts, choose the one you want. Notice the "To" Field, touch behind the name, start typing the next name and continue this until you have all your names that you want in the name field.

splatted

Reaction score
in the block named to start typing name, choose the contact then place a , (comma) and begin typing the next person the address should pop up like the first one

depdaDROID

Reaction score
Thanks, that post was in december of 2009. I figured it out a long.time ago brother! Thanks for trying to help tho!