Multiple problems with my Droid

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Problems with my Droid seem to be increasing. Restarting several times has not fixed these issues.

1. Connecting to my Motorola S305 stereo headset sometimes causes the device to freeze. Only solution to get control of the device again is to unplug the battery

2. process.android.media errors every time I try to access my gallery application

3. Very sluggish response when I unlock the device to answer an incoming call. I have missed called because of this. An embarrassing variation of the same problem is when I can't silence the phone when an incoming call comes in (because of the sluggish response while unlocking the screen)

4. Applications sometimes quit unexpectedly.

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I am running the default theme. I uninstalled all home applications (Panda, GDE etc.).

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
LOL, no I do not have 1000+ apps. I probably have less than 20 in addition to those already on the Droid.

J

Johnly

Huh? Kinda sounds like something is using your system. I hope someone can get you some resolutions on here. I would run antivirus software, and maybe start fresh....duno, good luck.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Running antivirus software is not going to help. If you're the same person I talk to about the head set issue in another thread maybe you should consider taking your Droid back for a replacement.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One thing you can try is to download an app called "read-system" it tells you about your memory. You can check to see if something is eating it all up or what's going on. Another thing is to try it in safe mode, to see if you get the same results. Safe mode is just holding down the gold button in the middle of the d-pad while it's booting up.

J

Johnly

Running antivirus software is not going to help. If you're the same person I talk to about the head set issue in another thread maybe you should consider taking your Droid back for a replacement.
How can anti virus hurt?

There may be more reasons for it than just cleaning the phone system. Say you download something on your phone, then you sync to your PC, now your infected. People don't realize that syncing an unprotected device to their computers is a great portal for spy ware to migrate, and even greater threats.

If your saying the probability is less being Linux based, your right, then I agree, but to advise to not run spy ware seems malicious..lol. It won't hurt, and you never know, it may just work as the good anti virus programs go beyond hunting mal-ware, adware, spy-ware, and can clean up the system.

I know the android OS makes it difficult for anything to get around the OS, but that doesn't mean the mal-ware can't hang out in the sandbox waiting to be unleashed on your 3,000 dollar video editing PC the next time you hit sync..lol

The system is good, but foolproof, even an antivirus skeptic will tell you it's not FULLPROOF.

I can't believe you would advise AGAINST antivirus hookbill!

I know, Linux is a great defence in the first place, and running antivirus will probably yield no results, but to say it is a 100% ineffective is a overstatement. In good diagnostics, the gamut is used, and therefor ruling out scenerios, one by one, no matter the probability.

Antivirus won't hurt, plus, when your done, you can easily uninstall it if you get nothing...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can anti virus hurt?

There may be more reasons for it than just cleaning the phone system. Say you download something on your phone, then you sync to your PC, now your infected. People don't realize that syncing an unprotected device to their computers is a great portal for spy ware to migrate, and even greater threats.

If your saying the probability is less being Linux based, your right, then I agree, but to advise to not run spy ware seems malicious..lol. It won't hurt, and you never know, it may just work as the good anti virus programs go beyond hunting mal-ware, adware, spy-ware, and can clean up the system.

I know the android OS makes it difficult for anything to get around the OS, but that doesn't mean the mal-ware can't hang out in the sandbox waiting to be unleashed on your 3,000 dollar video editing PC the next time you hit sync..lol

The system is good, but foolproof, even an antivirus skeptic will tell you it's not FULLPROOF.

I know, Linux is a great defence in the first place, and running antivirus will probably yield no results, but to say it is a 100% ineffective is a overstatement. In good diagnostics, the gamut is used, and therefor ruling out scenerios, one by one, no matter the probability.

Antivirus won't hurt, plus, when your done, you can easily uninstall it if you get nothing...

You can justify using virus software, for sure. I just think because it is on a unix system, and the fact that there are so few Droids out there compared to even Macintosh which hasn't had a virus in years, that it's unnecessary. However if it gives you the fuzzy warms, be my guest.

J

Johnly

How can anti virus hurt?

You can justify using virus software, for sure. I just think because it is on a unix system, and the fact that there are so few Droids out there compared to even Macintosh which hasn't had a virus in years, that it's unnecessary. However if it gives you the fuzzy warms, be my guest.
I here ya bud. As we become more dependent, and our information hubs change from our laptops to our pocket phone computers, the need to run security software will increase. I bet by the time LTE gets here, a ton of people will be onboard, and it will seem foolish to run a muck on such advanced devices carrying our personal info, naked. I could be wrong, maybe Linux is just so bad *** and impenetrable that we will never have too? Linux (unix) based operating systems are bad ***, that we can agree:icon_ banana:I am glad my phone isn't symbian based he he