I am getting this error on my DX w/ 2.2

Getting error when trying to root my DX with OTA 2.2

get error after applying ./rage*.bin

says EASY android local root exploit
checking NPROC limit...
RLIMIT NPROC=(3815, 3815)
searching for ADB...
cannot find adb: No such file or directory

then after that goes to the $ After I exit and force stop terminal and go back in I still have the $ no #

Any help would be great

USB Debugging for the Droid? What are the steps I should take next. Thanks

Now it went through (forgot to enable USB debugging) but after I force close terminal and go back in I still get a $ no #

EDIT: GOT IT TO WORK! Took some time after I came back after I forced closed for the # to come up but after it did smooth sailing

Bro KV

Reaction score
K, got that and redid steps 1-5 and still have the $ symbol after a bunch of restarts to the terminal

overfiendx

Reaction score
Just a thought but after changing USB Debugging maybe try a reset of the phone then start again.

@Abe Thanks bro, I also posted on the thread.

Bro KV

Reaction score
After step 4 I got a terminal crash warning but after I restarted it I had the # symbol and was able to finish rooting. Thanks for the help. Directions work great.

skennelly

Reaction score
When I finished step 2 in terminal emulator (cp /sdcard/download/rage*.bin /tmp/) and hit enter to go to the next line it reads:

cp: /tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin: Permission denied

Now what do I do? Or, What didn't I do?

DerekFlint

Reaction score
I did Step 2 option A and got my ninja. :) I think you should consider one slight change to the instructions.
Step 4 reads:

1. ./rage*.bin
    This will take some time, just wait for the $ to show up so you know it is done.
I had the $ show up almost immediately, and I was suspicious about how fast that happened, but only waited a little while longer before quitting and restarting terminal. I had no #. I rebooted and repeated the first 4 steps, this time determined to wait a long time for some other sign (perhaps a second $) and after a while "[+] forked 3801 childs" appeared, but I kept on waiting almost an hour for another $ that never happened. When I reopened terminal again I had my #. I suspect that the rooting process is finished when the forked childs line appears, not when a $ shows up.

blwn327

Reaction score
Why when i goto get rageagainstthecage.zip the download starts then tells me it was unsuccessful and when i click ok the error tell me the contents are not supported on my phone?This is for a new droid 2 help asap i want to root

skennelly

Reaction score
I just found a one click root for Droid X last night. It worked great and took about five minutes start to finish. I think the file was droidxroot.zip. If you google one click root for droidx you'll find it.

PS. I am loving my rooted x. Got midi and speed up cpu...no lag anymore!

skennelly

Reaction score
It should, but I'm not positive. If not, try easy root at unstableapps.com. The first one is free and easy root is $1.

blwn327

Reaction score
I finally got my droid2 rooted. These steps worked. Operator error.thanx for help

LilMizchiv

Reaction score
Stuck on steps 1-5

"Steps 1-5: Change to the /tmp folder on your phone, copy the file to the tmp directory, change its permissions. run it, and wait."

Okay so I may just be dense but seeing that I don't want to mess this up can someone explain this in detail so that I know I'm doing this right? I've done all the preceding steps but this part has me a little confused. Someone please help! Thanks!