Multiple phones - Root them, unroot them

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Now it went through (forgot to enable USB debugging) but after I force close terminal and go back in I still get a $ no #

EDIT: GOT IT TO WORK! Took some time after I came back after I forced closed for the # to come up but after it did smooth sailing

Last edited:

KidSquid

Reaction score
original Droid

Did a solution ever become available for the Original Droid? I keep on getting a permission error when I try and run the third step.

Thanks,

Squid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

thenowherekid

Reaction score
Im working on a droid i got from my friend, its not activated or anything. The power button doesn't work. You have to open the keyboard to unlock it. take the battery to turn it off. and when you put the battery in it turns on. Its running stock 2.2. I was wanting to root it just to play with it. But I am having no luck what so ever. I can't even get this phone to access the bootloader to flash .sbf.

I've tried a bunch of different things, the one click root, the method on this thread and method to do it on my pc via adb shell. same thing happens on the last to when i try to cp something from sdcard to its future location, like

cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
cp: not found

if anybody has any ideas what I could do let me know. If not, not a big deal this is just a phone to play with. Still got my phone fully operational and rooted. Thanks

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Did a solution ever become available for the Original Droid? I keep on getting a permission error when I try and run the third step.

Thanks,

Squid
:welcome: to the forums!

Did you try this post?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...hones-root-them-unroot-them-3.html#post865895

Ummm, FBM, you do realize that your reply links to this very thread in which you posted said reply, right?

@kidsquid, I have a guide at my site right now that uses basically this same method and works for the A855. I will soon be probably posting it here later today, but for now look here:

Root the A855 without RSD Lite and make it ROM ready

good luck

Cooch33

Reaction score
I just finished on the Dx using the terminal emulator. After I exit, what do i do next? Am i rooted, or do i reboot first? I dont want to reboot if im just supose to wait. My System panal's monitoring thing keeps going on and off lol. How could i check to see if i am rooted? Also, when i go into system panals my CPU clock is caping at 1000. Going from 99% to 100% usage for awhile now. Sorry, i'm new to this.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ummm, FBM, you do realize that your reply links to this very thread in which you posted said reply, right?

Teddy,

I said post, not thread. Did you click the link? I'd linked to a specific post in the thread because the poster obviously hadn't read through all the pages. :)

stevewitt

Reaction score
I just finished on the Dx using the terminal emulator. After I exit, what do i do next? Am i rooted, or do i reboot first? I dont want to reboot if im just supose to wait. My System panal's monitoring thing keeps going on and off lol. How could i check to see if i am rooted? Also, when i go into system panals my CPU clock is caping at 1000. Going from 99% to 100% usage for awhile now. Sorry, i'm new to this.

Go into your applications and look for Superuser. That would indicate that you are rooted or try to download a program that's only for rooted phones.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted

Teddy,

I said post, not thread. Did you click the link? I'd linked to a specific post in the thread because the poster obviously hadn't read through all the pages. :)
:facepalm: Dooh! My bad.

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks,

Squid

I've played with this a few different ways and getting rooted just using the phone isn't working out. I would think it should, but it isn't. You can still use a SBF method to get sprecovery or use Teddy and other's guides that make use of the SDK kit but you need a window's computer.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Actually the method(s) using the SDK (adb) can be done on all three platforms, but for Mac the commands are entered a little bit different.