Multiple issues

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Mica, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Mica

Mica New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my Droid for 3 weeks now and I have to it replaced already, unfortunately they are still on backorder until August 30th. UGH!!! So I have to constantly reboot, the battery keeps over heating or not charging, the screen constantly freezes, when I try to text it kicks me back to the home screen and none of the caller ids show up, then if I use Swype it stops swyping before I get to the 2nd letter. Not to mention the low volume when I play music on the phone. And for contacts that I have no photo of, the green android doesn't appear. Also after I take the battery out over the last few days, it will take as long as the Blackberry Strorm 1 and 2 to reboot. Needless to say, my Droid experience isn't very happy at this point.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  2. mguin86

mguin86 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a storm1 before I got my droid x. It froze ALL THE TIME! My droid x is alot better than the bb but it is starting to freeze up to. I run the task killer and all that so I don't know what else to do. Overall, still a great phone though.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
  4. The White Weapon

The White Weapon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wish every android user ever would read this. I can't stand when people tell me to use a task killer to improve my battery life. ugh.
  5. Abe21599

Ratings:
    +30
    haha yea but its their phone and their opinion. someone wants my help on how to extend battery, i tell them. other than that, they can keep what apps they want (and sadly pay for)
  6. mguin86

mguin86 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    informative article, thanks
  7. mguin86

mguin86 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am brand new to the droid world... fresh from 3yrs of blackberry world... so I am open to all advice
  8. Abe21599

Ratings:
    +30
    since you got a DX, id check this out. i put it together over at DxF but it applies to most android phones

New To Android? CHECK THiS OUT!
  9. The White Weapon

The White Weapon Member

Ratings:
    +0

lots of great information, esp. with the task killing and such. didnt realize how robust the OS's resource manager was. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :heart::heart::heart:
  10. Mica

Mica New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Antivirus

Oddly enough, I am still having issues with the phone, so I took some apps off wit no improvement. Then something said to take the program Antivirus off and then I downloaded the anitvirus called Lookout and although the other issues are still there I am able to get a full charge on the phone now. It wouldn't hold a charge or charge up at times. So that is a plus, now as far as the freezing up and getting kicked out of my text messages that is a whole other issue. :greendroid:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Droid X, I may have just gotten that one bad seed! I hope.....
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010