multiple issues out of nowhere..

tshark

Reaction score
I have had my Motorola Droid (verizon) since around the beginning of March of this year. Just this past weekend I started noticing multiple software issues, they all started happening the same day. It almost feels like i have a virus.

The first thing I noticed was that the 5% battery warning was on while the phone was plugged in, and had been charging all night. This has only happened once, so maybe it was an un-related issue. Restarting the phone fixed the false battery reading.

Since that morning, my Home and Search touch-screen buttons at the bottom of the phone do not work (it still vibrates when I touch the keys, so I know the phone is still registering that I'm touching them, however they don't DO anything.) If i have been browsing a website, the only way to return to the home screen is to hit the Back button numerous times.

The lock button on the top of the phone only turns off my droid's display, it doesnt actually lock the phone anymore. I can press any key and the display turns back on, with no "slide to unlock."

The final (an possibly the worst) problem is that I can no longer receive incoming calls. The calls show up on my missed call log, but the phone never rings or registers that someone is calling. When calling my phone from another line, it rings once then goes straight to voicemail, as if the phone were off.

Has anyone experienced problems like these?? I tried using a free anti-virus app, but with no luck. I am going to take the phone to the verizon store today after work, but i figured i'd ask here first.

Thanks for any help!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
The first thing to try is a battery pull (pull the battery out of the phone for a minute). That fixes a lot of strange goings-on. If that does not work you may want to try a hard reset. There are no known Android viruses so it is unlikely it is that.

OP
T

tshark

Reaction score
I have tried the battery pull....

By hard reset you mean a factory data reset? Should I backup my contacts, etc before doing this?