Multiple Instances of Apps Downloading, Can't Stop It

msdfr

Reaction score
I have multiple instances of apps downloading on my X. How do I stop this? I have tried force closing the market and download manager. I wiped the cache on those apps, and wiped the cache partition. The downloads start back up again. Its nearly drained my battery all the way down. There are 45 instances of the downloads happening. I have downloaded app updates successfully before since getting GB. Its the Angry Birds update that somehow this was triggered with. Any thoughts? Phone won't be very useful with these multiple downloads going endlessly and killing my battery.

Thanks for any help.

djones0305

Reaction score
same problem

I also have the same problem sometimes. And I also have a Droid X. I thought that maybe going to the application data and clearing the cache/data or restarting my phone would help but the downloads continue no matter what. I'm not sure what causes this issue. It seems as though sometimes it can be caused by killing the market application while something is downloading. But usually it does that without me killing the market anyway. Right now I have 5 instances of two applications each trying to download. And when a download finishes it just disappears and the next one starts, with no installation taking place. I apologize for not having an answer to this problem. But you aren't alone. If you get any information about a solution I would love to know.

I just found this after doing a little more research. I hope this is a solution. http://forum.androidcentral.com/gen...not-downloading-installing-image-warning.html

Last edited: