Multiple Gmail Accounts

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Viktor Vaughn, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Viktor Vaughn

Viktor Vaughn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, my job just decided to go to gmail as the main work email. I already use gmail as my main email for personal stuff as well as my default phone stuff. I am not interested in simply having things forwarded to my current as I am intrigued by the idea of finally having a separate work and personal email.

That being said, anyone have experience running two gmails? Do I simply "add new account" within the default gmail app? What are some of the shortcomings/pitfalls of running two at once?

2. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +179
    Yep, you can add a second Gmail account. I also have a work and a personal account. Yes, just "add account " within Gmail. They'll be separate, and you can toggle back and forth between them. The calendars can be combined or separate (you choose which calendars to show in your view).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

3. zetachi

zetachi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yup I'm running 5 or 6 gmail addys :) Plus Yahoo and Outlook

4. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I use one for work as well. Easy to switch between the two, all kinds of settings, like someone else said about merging the calendar. Can't really think of many shortcomings that aren't in just having one account. Like, I hate that if you have more than 1 new email in your inbox it only shows "emailaddy@gmail.com New(2)" instead of just showing what the most recent one was. Not the end of my life, but I'd rather see what it is than be reminded of what I purposely ignored...

5. statoncj

statoncj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently switched from a Blackberry to a Droid Bionic on Verizon. I set up it with my home gmail account first, and that syncs, shows up ,etc fine. I added my work GMAIL account (which I had to set up manually), but for the life of me, I cannot find how to access this account. The only way I know it is syncing is that if I do get an email, and do the main screen scroll down to see recent updates, the email shows up and I can read it. However, I can't seem to find how I actually open the corporate account to use for emailing, etc.

Please help

CJ

6. floydfollower13

floydfollower13 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have found that if you press in the top right corner of tour gmail page it will change which gmail account you are accessing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

7. ktklein72

ktklein72 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I have a Moto Droid X2 and found the same to be true. Running GB 2.3.3 and GMail v2.3.5.2.

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    More specifically, you press on your current gmail acount name at hte top right, and it takes you ot the main Gmail page where all your GMail accounts are listed.

On the top left, where it (usually) says Inbox, you can change the current accout's folder (sent, Spam, etc.)

Search tags for this page

can 2 separate gmail calendars be added to a galaxy 3

how do i add more than 1 gmail account to my droid bionic ph

how do i add more than one gmail account on the moto x?

how do i put more than 1 gmail on droid x2

how to separate gmail accounts

how to separate two emails accounts on droid 4 by motorola

moto x 2 gmail accounts

multiple gmail accounts on moto x

using more than one gmail account on moto x

what are the rules about having more than 1 gmail account