Multiple gmail accounts open at same time - how?

JAB 67

Reaction score
I have two gmail accounts, one business, one personal. How do I create two icons on my homescreen so that I can periodically check the inbox for each? Right now only my 'main' account has an icon and nothing that I have tried has created one for my 'other' account. TIA.

Last edited:

yourpixelperfect

Reaction score
Not sure how to do that one. I have all my email addresses run to the same gmail acct. I click on the icon and it shows me mail from all of my accounts.

LT*

Reaction score
If you open Gmail and look at the top right side of your screen, you'll see your gmail address under the battery icon. Tap that and it should let you switch to the other gmail account (if you've set up both accounts on the phone already).

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I use K-9 for all of my accounts including mobile me and it works great. It tells you which account has new mail and you can have different led color for each account and/or different vibrate/ alert. I am new to K-9 and without utilizing all of the settings, it has done everything I want it to do.

dtenberge

Reaction score
I had the same dilemma. I downloaded and have been using a free widget by the name of "gmail unread count" by Alexander Blom. It works great for me. I have 1 icon for each of my 2 gmail accounts on the home screen and was able to label each accordingly. Coming from a blackberry, I really wanted the ability to be able to go directly to each account.

kevroc

Reaction score
Add a shortcut to your homescreen titled "Gmail Label", when you select that it prompts you which account to use. So just add one for each account and your done. On Android 2.1 I don't think you can "name" the shortcut, so they'll both say "Inbox" so you just have to remember which icon is which. On 2.2 (I have the Droid2) it allows you to name the shortcut.