Multiple facebook profiles in contacts

mkarolian

Reaction score
Hello my droid loving brothers,
Some of the contacts in my phonebook have multiple facebook accounts listed, even though they only have 1 facebook account. When I click on the various accounts they all take me to the profile. Has anyone else experienced this?

Surso

Reaction score
Having the same issue. No idea what that's all about. Anyone have any answers?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
roger that....weird thing is that that never used to be the case.

As we "speak" I'm trying to find a solution.

If I can figure out how to fix it I will post the info in here.

or maybe somebody already has the answer which would be even better : )

pepsi2439

Reaction score
same problem....except now i have their pics but when im txting them their status from like 4 days ago appears on the top instead of their new one???? and when i look at their contact in my phone it has (view profile, and what looks to be another facebook like you talked about that says the status) WTF?!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What seems to be happening at least to me, is that if you go into google contacts there are multiple listings for the same contact. It's something they really need to fix, i had to reset mine to get that crap off, and i won't be syncing it back up with facebook ever again. :mad:

drewshaver

Reaction score
Having same issue; they definitely seemed to be accumulating, had 3 and 4 on a few contacts.
I did reset my phone, now almost all have at most just the 1, although a few doubles have appeared.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It appears that once you sync up the first time with facebook you NEVER have to again. I know alot of us love to have the pictures of people on there automatically but it seems as thought there is an issue. Google contacts had my contacts on there listed 4 times for each on other then the one's i had added by hand. Those were only on there twice. So there seems to be something screwed up on the phones way it deals with contacts or the google side of it. Google contacts that get updated by the phone shouldn't make another of the same exact thing, or if it does only do it if that contact has been updated. Most likely something the developers have overlooked. But then again, it only happens from what i've seen if you have to do a reset of some sort.