Multiple calendars from Exchange ActiveSync

brhunt

Reaction score
Galaxy Note 3 - Android 5.0 - Stock Calendar app

My exchange account has two calendars. I only wanted to view one on my phone.

This has worked fine for years until yesterday. All of a sudden I am now getting the content of both calendars on my phone calendar, which renders it unusable.

I went looking for a setting under accounts that would allow me to choose which calendars under my exchange account that I wanted to sync.

But, I only have one option there? Sync calendars or don't sync calendars. No option to pick or choose which to sync.

Wasn't there an option there at one time? Has it moved? I cannot find any way to select the appropriate calendars to sync?

Thanks.

brhunt

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Check the settings in your calendar app instead of the sync settings on the phone. There should be an option somewhere in there for which calendars to display.

At least, there used to be on Samsung's calendar app. I know for sure that the Google calendar (which I'm pretty sure Samsung's is loosely based off of) still offers the option. In Google Calendar, I just have to swipe out the left side menu and below the options for what view I want is a list of calendars I can select to show or not.

EDIT: I've got 2 calendars associated with my Google account. The one I started with and a shared one that the wife and I use to keep each other in the loop with appointments for ourselves and the kids and her work schedule that varies. I can choose each of those separately to show or not.

OP
B

brhunt

Reaction score
Jonny,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been all over the calendar app, cannot find anywhere to select which calendars to sync/not sync.

It's odd, because I feel that did that some time back, but cannot find any indication of that setting now.

brhunt

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Things might be a little different on the 3, but here's what I saw on my Note 2 (my company supplied work phone). Calendar > Menu button (to the left of the Home button) > Calendars > Display > select which h ones you do / do not want to see > Done. Maybe your phone has something similar?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
B

brhunt

Reaction score
Things might be a little different on the 3, but here's what I saw on my Note 2 (my company supplied work phone). Calendar > Menu button (to the left of the Home button) > Calendars > Display > select which h ones you do / do not want to see > Done. Maybe your phone has something similar?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Sajo

I do that, Calendar>Menu>Calendars. No display option. A list of check boxes for all accounts and available calendars. Only the exchange calendar is checked. No option underneath that to control which of my two exchange calendars to select.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sounds like the issue is that Exchange is condensing them into one calendar option or the calendar app isn't properly displaying the multiple calendars.

Have you tried another Calendar app? I'm curious if Google Calendar or something else would give you better options.

OP
B

brhunt

Reaction score
I have 3 android devices, using native calendar on all of them. Two have an option of which calendars (in each account) to display.

My phone does not have that option. It's just sync exchange calendar or don't.

Which is odd, because it was working up until a couple of days ago, and had been for years. Which means that I must have had that option at one time.

I have tried about 4 additional calendars including google. None have allowed me to choose which exchange calendars to display. Still searching.