Multiple Boot Loops before loading into homescreen

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Diab210, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Diab210

Diab210 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    While on, my phone runs lgb 2.4 fine. Haven't seen any sort of laggyness, no consistent force closes - all in all a very good experience. However upon trying to reboot the phone or powering the phone back on after being off for an extended period of time it seems like a challenge to turn on. It will bootloop several times (black screen, show the motorola m, pause for a while, black screen, motorola m, pause for a while, rinse and repeat). Occasionally it only bootloops, and I have to pull the battery and try again but typically it will load into android after between 5-7 bootloops. I didn't have this issue while running CM7.

The first time I tried running lgb 2.0 I was using RZRecovery and it was suggested to try installing lgb with clockwork to see if that fixes it. I've installed clockworkmod, done a factory reset, wiped cache, and davlik cache and reinstalled lgb - doesn't seem to have fixed it. I'm running the stock kernal at the stock clockspeeds. Any tips/suggestions or a way to fix this would be great. I love running lgb, but running the risk of having a phone that doesn't turn on out weighs the perks of it.

2. packfan678

packfan678 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am having the same problem. I wound up having to pull the battery multiple times today. I was using Corcor's kernel and thought that might be the problem, but I am still getting the boot loops with Chevy's. With my loops I have I get stuck at the M, the boot image, and sometimes it makes it to the lockscreen, but will either freeze or go back to the boot image and get stuck.

3. Diab210

Diab210 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    At least I'm not the only one with the issue. I haven't tried a different kernel, but I think I was using a chevy kernel on a different rom and didn't have too much of an issue.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. crxlvr

crxlvr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I always got boot loop with lgb roms, for whatever reason and it may just be a coincidence, if my phone starts looping I will hold the power button down and it will go into the "android" screen after like the next boot attempt.

5. nprez

nprez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 on that technique.

6. drummerq

drummerq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I installed V 2.4 it loaded the first time to the unlock screen then it rebooted and went into an infinite loop. I tried holding the power button, didnt work. I uninstalled and re-installed again and same things. Suggestions??

7. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Try a higher voltage kernel.

Search tags for this page

atrix boot loop fix

how to fix atrix 2 reboot looping
motorola atrix 2 boot loop