Multimedia Station Question

NilsH22

Reaction score
I recently got the multimedia station for my Droid X and I was wondering if I were to leave it on the multimedia station at night while I am sleeping, if it would have any effects on the performance of the battery or anything else like that, thanks to anyone who leaves a helpful post.

Swyped from my Droid X using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use it and it all depends on how low you keep the brightness and if there is music all night and what not. Just keep the brightness down and use a sleep timer for music and you should be fine.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

wyld

Reaction score
No wont change anything your phone will still time out the display unless you have it set to stay awake while charging dock just puts your phone in landscape there's no change from any other time

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats not true for me. When my phone is in the dock it goes into media mode and it stays awake at a low brightness. I suppose I could always be mistaken Though. I am asleep before I know if it turns off or not.

cece5702

Reaction score
This is may be a stupid questions, but is the sole purpose for the multimedia station is to prop your X up to watch videos or can it be used to charge your phone with it also? I'm thinking about buying one.:)
Thats not true for me. When my phone is in the dock it goes into media mode and it stays awake at a low brightness. I suppose I could always be mistaken Though. I am asleep before I know if it turns off or not.

wyld

Reaction score
Yes it does charge your phone and has an HDMI out and has a desk top clock that pops up when docked

cece5702

Reaction score
Ok, so its worth the money than. I think I may actually buy one today. Thanks! :)
Yes it does charge your phone and has an HDMI out and has a desk top clock that pops up when docked

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Totally worth it. Mine was 25 bucks on amazon. I use it for a desk clock, watch movies, play music, read ebooks etc... yeah its worth it

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

cece5702

Reaction score
Oh ok, I didnt think to buy it on Amazon. Thats a lot cheaper than Verizon is charging for it. I think its over $40 at Verizon. I will check out Amazon. Thanks:)
Totally worth it. Mine was 25 bucks on amazon. I use it for a desk clock, watch movies, play music, read ebooks etc... yeah its worth it

wyld

Reaction score
Its worth getting one also there's 3 home screens to swipe from add 4 apps per screen

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, I didnt think to buy it on Amazon. Thats a lot cheaper than Verizon is charging for it. I think its over $40 at Verizon. I will check out Amazon. Thanks:)

Yeah amazon is waaaay better than buying from verizon. Much much cheaper. You can also get extra batteries for 5 bucks each. Verizon charges 40.

cece5702

Reaction score
Question: If I keep the phone docked all night after it has charged already because I want to use it as a clock will that mess up the battery or over charge the battery in any way? I read some of the reviews and it seems like some use it at night to re-charge the battery and also as a clock and alarm.

cece5702

Reaction score
Does it come by UPS? Did you need to sign for it? I think I may have it delivered here at work since no one is home to sign for it during the day.

Yeah amazon is waaaay better than buying from verizon. Much much cheaper. You can also get extra batteries for 5 bucks each. Verizon charges 40.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup it comes by ups or post. You don't have to sign for it though

cece5702

Reaction score
I got my multimedia station yesterday and I love it. Is it ok to leave my phone in the docking station over night while I sleep even if its at 100 % battery life? I want to use it as a clock but dont want to ruin my battery. I love watching videos using the station. :)