Multimedia station mode / answering phone

drew

Reaction score
I made a homemade dock using a metal "mesh" business card holder and and magnet on the back of it. Seems to work pretty well.

I noticed that if I have an incoming call, the phone goes to the "lock screen", which requires an awkward vertical swipe (since the phone is horizontal, the lock screen is portrait) and then the dialer screen is also portrait.

Does anyone else have this issue? It seems that the best way is to pick the phone out of the dock, although I would prefer just to use the speaker phone.

It would be cool if the dialer went "landscape" while in multimedia mode.

I'm wondering if my ghetto-dock is causing the problem.

jdeezy

Reaction score
I would think the magnet would cause problems, I wouldnt place a magnet near my phone to be safe.

OP
drew

drew

Reaction score
The standard dock that verizon sells uses magnets as well. I would hate to think the manufacturer would provide an accessory that would damage the phone.

canyoufindben

Reaction score
The phone has a built in magnetometer for that reason. The coming soon car dock has magnets in it too. They use it to activate the different accessory modes. But in you're worried, the car home mode has an icon launcher, and you can download Droid Dock from the market to activate the multimedia/alarm clock mode without magnets.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I would think the magnet would cause problems, I wouldnt place a magnet near my phone to be safe.

Hi, noob. Please spend some time around here and understand that 1)magnets initiate special features on your droid. 2) magnets have NO effect on flash memory.

ugh.