Multimedia Station for DROID by Motorola

Vancelot

Reaction score
My ONLY complaint/suggestion about the alarm clock is:
I wish the Snooze / Dismiss buttons/fonts were bigger.
I have a hard time telling the 2 apart when I first wake up.

Maybe it is because I am 40+ years old, but it would be nice if I had the option to change it.

pete1230

Reaction score
VZW provides the Federal and State governments cell phone service. Despite our somewhat disheveled government system, when the government trusts VZW for their cell phone needs, THAT SAYS ALOT!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Multimedia Station - I have one, I like it, however I use it as my alarm clock, and when I have it plugged in, it's too bright, even dimmed. The brightness comes from the 4 white buttons at the bottom. Any way to turn off the lights on the bottom buttons?

will.anaya

Reaction score
Regarding the Multimedia Station - I have one, I like it, however I use it as my alarm clock, and when I have it plugged in, it's too bright, even dimmed. The brightness comes from the 4 white buttons at the bottom. Any way to turn off the lights on the bottom buttons?

i am sorry but did you press the "light bulb" icon? because my droid dims considerably when i press it

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

i am sorry but did you press the "light bulb" icon? because my droid dims considerably when i press it
Yes, I use the light bulb - thats what I meant by "even dimmed". However, I did notice for some reason that magically the 4 white buttons turned off last night after a while...hmmmm. Oh well!

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
HP employees pull in 20% off your bill and 25% off of equipment and accessories. Comes in handy for the bills since Verizon is a bit pricey but I rarely buy accessories so that 25% discount rarely gets used.

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the home dock works when you have the verizon silicon cover on the Droid?

will.anaya

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the home dock works when you have the verizon silicon cover on the Droid?

i have noticed that the home dock leaves very little space for a phone cover. the only way you could keep a cover on your droid and still on the dock is if you have a two piece cover. then you can keep the face plate on but have to remove the backing.

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
HP employees pull in 20% off your bill and 25% off of equipment and accessories. Comes in handy for the bills since Verizon is a bit pricey but I rarely buy accessories so that 25% discount rarely gets used.

Many companies get these discounts. The same applies to our account. It's great! :icon_ banana:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Multimedia Station from a sale at "WhatanItem.com" last week for $15 plus $5 shipping. I suspect the price was the result of damaged packaging. The unit itself was fine.

A warning, though. I had hoped that the station would work with at least the front cover of my Seidio case in place. I didn't expect it to fit with the back on. Bad news is that it won't work with either the front or back cover in place. Only a naked Droid (or perhaps one with a transparent flexible plastic cover) will fit.

AllDayVY

Reaction score
How is this a multimedia station when there are now exterior speakers that allow you to play music or anything like the Ipod has the Ihome.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Multimedia Station from a sale at "WhatanItem.com" last week for $15 plus $5 shipping. I suspect the price was the result of damaged packaging. The unit itself was fine.

A warning, though. I had hoped that the station would work with at least the front cover of my Seidio case in place. I didn't expect it to fit with the back on. Bad news is that it won't work with either the front or back cover in place. Only a naked Droid (or perhaps one with a transparent flexible plastic cover) will fit.

I use my multimedia dock with the Seidio front still on. Take off the back of the case, slide the keyboard open, place the Droid into the dock, and then push keyboard to the closed position again. It won't go all the way down, but you can't even tell.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I use my multimedia dock with the Seidio front still on. Take off the back of the case, slide the keyboard open, place the Droid into the dock, and then push keyboard to the closed position again. It won't go all the way down, but you can't even tell.

Thanks. Good tip. It was sliding open the case slightly that I wasn't doing. Although the droid appeared to "seat" correctly, it wouldn't charge. With the front of the case opened slightly, it works fine.

Feel rather dumb about this but since I almost never slide open my Droid to use the physical keyboard I'll use that as an excuse.

KJordan315

Reaction score
I got mine on sale ($24) so I could charge my Droid at work only to find out it will not sit properly because of the hard case I carry my Droid in. If I take the back off, it's fine, but that will only cause the case to break faster than it would otherwise. :icon_eek:

mattern84

Reaction score
The media station is a scam don't buy it. I have it and I have to take the cover off to use it. However one day I set my work blackberry down which was in a case that has a magnet to turn off the Bb screen whenits in the case. And I put the Droid down on top of it with the bb. Magnet up and the Droid dock station came up. All u need to do is have a little round magnet and stick it to it to anything then then lean the Droid on it and bam u have the media station featureas. Congrats to all who have bought a 30 dollar magnet. Try it