Multimedia Dock

vonfink13

Reaction score
just picked up the dock and it is awfully cool...just another cool droid thing...happier and happier...now just waiting for the 11th...

Adiction

Reaction score
Verizon's website is once again selling the docks. I just put my order yesterday and received it in the mail today for only $22 with my 25% discount.

bpiach

Reaction score
Too bright

Does anyone else find that, when in the dock, the screen is too bright? I've tried to lower the contrast and I've hit the lightbulb but it still lights up the room at night!

loomer

Reaction score
When i hit the light bulb on mine, it dims considerably.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Yeah, it's still too bright. The menu buttons need to be off unless you tap the screen. After the update, the weather icons are now the full color ones rather than the monochrome ones.

I use auto brightness, and I'm not sure if it will go as low as manually setting the brightness all the way down. If manual is dimmer, then we can ask Locale to make a docked plugin.

mriverdance

Reaction score
thanks for the note on keeping the screen on. With the update from Motorola, "Never turn off", was removed from the Display setting.

cuskit

Reaction score
If you are looking for options on multimedia docks, see here for a beautiful alternative to the black plastic. I've come up with a very unique option for those wishing that a dock could be be so much more, blending in with any decor. I make them in four colors - see here:
MOTOROLA DROID MULTIMEDIA DOCK MIKRADLE (MAHOGANY) NEW! - eBay (item 140367436991 end time Jan-12-10 14:08:30 PST)

I've been getting a great response to them here on the Droid Forums. Which is fair since I spend just about every waking hour reading the hundreds of posts here every hour! Well, almost all.. I am blown away with the activity here - I log on, read 5 posts and boom! There's five more pages of posts in that short time! This particular forum (accessories) is my favorite as I'm addicted to buying everything made for my Droid! :) Mikey

uscjoel

Reaction score
I have a Verizon Multi-Media Station that I will sell if anyone wants it...
I took it out of the box and put it together one time...I didnt know at the time of purchase that you couldnt dock with a Seidio case on.

I was gonna get my wife to take it back to the VW store this week, but if one of you guys want it, let me know and I will set it up on eBay.

I just wanna get my $$$ back so Verizon list price + shipping.

PhDCow

Reaction score
There is a setting down in Applications > Development > Stay Awake that will keep the display on while charging.

Ryan

Thank you! I was about to start a new thread about this very question. My Verizon store just got a shipment in, so I got 2 docks. One is sitting on my computer at work and staring at me as I type this. The other is on my nightstand in lieu of an alarm clock.

daxstyles

Reaction score
My multimedia dock causes my Droid to go haywire. It starts rapidly changing the clock design, tries to simultaneously play my music and video files and cycle the pictures in the album. It only does this when the charger is connected to it. I just about decided to toss it out into the street last night. I do believe it is going to be returned

cuskit

Reaction score
My multimedia dock causes my Droid to go haywire. It starts rapidly changing the clock design, tries to simultaneously play my music and video files and cycle the pictures in the album. It only does this when the charger is connected to it. I just about decided to toss it out into the street last night. I do believe it is going to be returned
Wow! What brand dock and charger are you using? Is it the Motorola charging station? Sold by Verizon? We'd like to know if there's a problem with a particular brand. Not that there are many options out there..

mike

daxstyles

Reaction score
Wow! What brand dock and charger are you using? Is it the Motorola charging station? Sold by Verizon? We'd like to know if there's a problem with a particular brand. Not that there are many options out there..

mike

It is the Motorola dock. I ordered it through the Verizon store the day I bought the Droid. I was up about every 45 minutes the other night because it kept randomly playing songs and waking me up. Now it is going Nucking Futz! My wife's multimedia dock, however, works fine. No issues whatsoever.

StephenF

Reaction score
Yeah, it's still too bright. The menu buttons need to be off unless you tap the screen. After the update, the weather icons are now the full color ones rather than the monochrome ones.

I use auto brightness, and I'm not sure if it will go as low as manually setting the brightness all the way down. If manual is dimmer, then we can ask Locale to make a docked plugin.

I'm fine with the general brightness of the dimmed clock screen, but what I can't stand is that the menu, home, etc lights stay on at night. If I have my night stand light on, the menu, etc. lights go off. When I turn the night stand light off, the menu, etc. lights come on automatically. And those suckers are bright! Is there anyway to get them to turn off? This seems like a major oversight for a mode that is supposed to take the place of an alarm clock.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I like it, a lot. The VZW kiosk at my mall had a promotion that if you buy three or more accessories, they are $10 off each. So I picked up two of these, the navigation car dock, and a Jawbone.

Those wooden ones are slick too though.

-Mike

brochaos

Reaction score
anybody have the seido innocase and the regular dock? i'm trying to figure out how close it comes to working, and if it would be possible to jimmy it...

i love the dock and use it daily and don't want to have to take the case off all the time.