Multimedia Dock problem

gdpenney

Reaction score
When I dock my Droid 2, I get this message:

"Problem loading widget" instead of the weather widget. Can't find a solution. Manual with dock is worthless when it comes to this stuff.:icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I dock my Droid 2, I get this message:

"Problem loading widget" instead of the weather widget. Can't find a solution. Manual with dock is worthless when it comes to this stuff.:icon_eek:

I've never seen that, so it makes me think you've got something nasty running in your Droid. Let's try the basics. Reset it first. If that doesn't help try a 30 second battery pull. And if you still have an issue, it's an app.

If you're running task killers or virus protection get rid of them. You don't need that. If that doesn't fix it then you may have to go and do a factory data reset in your privacy section of your settings.

ABQNM

Reaction score
As hookbill said, it is most likely a task killer. If you are not using one, try this. From your homescreen, press menu then settings. Then go to applications. Then choose Manage Applications. Choose the All tab and find News and Weather. Choose that and press the clear data button. I recommend restarting the phone and then try putting it back in the dock and ideally that should help.

OP
G

gdpenney

Reaction score
I disabled my task killer and virus checker. Cleared the data in News & Weather. Restarted after battery removal for 45 seconds. Nothing works. I'm very reluctant to do a Factory Reset. Not sure what it removes and how long to get it back. Maybe I don't need the weather that bad on the dock.

wb1960

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I am rooted 2.2 I have no task killer or antivirus programs on my phone. Also, I dont have news and weather when I click on the all tab.All I have is weatherbug. I have done a factory reset also

OP
G

gdpenney

Reaction score
I called Verizon and they transferred me to Motorola. I ended up doing a full reset back to factory defaults. That solved the problem. Both Verizon and Motorola told me that I did not need a virus app, so now I don't have one. It may have been the original culprit.

Backup Assistant reloaded all my apps but I lost data that I had to reload manually. Wish some of these apps saved to the SD card.

droidguy3

Reaction score
Same problem:

I've got the same problem... Haven't really tried to solve it yet... I am running an app killer so I'm going to try to uninstall that and see what happens... I don't like the idea of going back to factory settings at this point... I'll probably just use it as a clock with the alarm function... It is a disappointment though... Things are never as easy as advertised with these tech devices...:mad::mad::mad:

OP
G

gdpenney

Reaction score
I am running an AppKiller and have no problems with it. It was not the culprit for my dock problem.

geewiz2k1

Reaction score
Launcher Pro Plus

How many of you have Launcher Pro installed? I have the same problem and from what i understand Launcher pro is causing it. No solution has been worked on as of yet.

rangerpsg

Reaction score
Question regarding Rooted phones and Docking Weather issue.

I am currently running Apex 1.3.1 and was wondering what would be the result if I factory reset my phone. Will I lose my custom ROM and root? Thank you.:icon_eek:

droidguy3

Reaction score
Multimedia Dock

I don't have Launcher Pro installed... Still have the problem... Reset phone to factory specs... Dock worked until I reloaded apps... Now the dock has the same problem... Must be in the apps somewhere...

me4droid

Reaction score
Dock and weather widgit not working

anyone solve this problem? I'm having the same problem. Tried clearing data in weather app. No go. I am not running launcher pro, any anti-virus or any app killers. So I guess it's something else, but what?

Anyone else using juice defender and having the problem. I force closed juice defender but still no weather widgit. Battery pull didn't work either.

me4droid

Reaction score
Weather Widget for docking station-fixed!

Hopefully this will help others. I looked all over this forum and the Motorola forum to fix this issue. I didn't find an answer, but found this solution on my own.

Here's how I finally fixed it.
1. Placed phone in docking station (showed "problem loading widget")
2. Press and hold icon saying "problem loading widget, then throw it in the trash!
3. Click on the menu key and choose "add"
4. Choose Dock Widgets
5. Choose Weather
6. Change set-up as desired (set-up screen will appear)
7. Click on Done

It worked for me--hope it works for you!dancedroid

K20turbo

Reaction score
:blackdroid:
Hopefully this will help others. I looked all over this forum and the Motorola forum to fix this issue. I didn't find an answer, but found this solution on my own.

Here's how I finally fixed it.
1. Placed phone in docking station (showed "problem loading widget")
2. Press and hold icon saying "problem loading widget, then throw it in the trash!
3. Click on the menu key and choose "add"
4. Choose Dock Widgets
5. Choose Weather
6. Change set-up as desired (set-up screen will appear)
7. Click on Done

It worked for me--hope it works for you!dancedroid
same here although i figured out on my own.. and also the weather temp is blocked in view if gps is off it sucks

hufn

Reaction score
Not sure if it is the same with the d2 but on my d1 I can manually set a location from the settings... No need for gps...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App