Multimedia Dock = Hot CPU?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by GoGators, Apr 6, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators New Member

My CPU runs up to 125 deg when docked. I am running BB0.9 with screeble, and temp monitor. I have defaulted to the clock app when docked. I also have set CPU to clock at 550 when charging. Just plugged into the USB, it has dropped to 93 deg in the time it has taken me to post this thread. Anyone have the same issue? Are there any better settings to lower the temp.
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah generally whenever on the dock or charging, the phone can heat quite a bit sometimes. If it keeps doing it or getting higher temps then that, then I would look into it.
  3. KillerBug

KillerBug New Member

Mine overheated to the point that the battery would no longer charge when I was using the car dock(at 550mhz)...I returned that POS
  4. rcfx

rcfx New Member

Well mine is right here in the dock so I pulled it out and checked, 86 deg., feels nice and cool, only running 800MHz, below 600 when in sleep mode, charging.
  5. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

6. GoGators

GoGators New Member

I happens when I run the clock application. If I let it sleep, no issues. Wonder if it's an issue with bugless beast? I have the clock down to 400 when charging and it still does it. It was never a problem before rooting.
  7. KillerBug

KillerBug New Member

The battery is good to well past 104...when mine overheated to the point that it would not charge, I nearly lost a fingerprint while removing it from the car dock. It has never got anywhere near as hot since...even with a full body shell and an overclock, while being used in direct sunlight on a hot Florida day.
Search tags for this page

android multimedia dock hot cpu