Multimedia Dock + Froyo, screen won't stay lit like it did with 2.1

FormerHPB

Reaction score
ANyone know how to fix this? Updated to Froyo, multimedia dock times out as if it's not plugged in. In the past the screen would stay lit when on the dock. Thanks.

jjnagy

Reaction score
Set Multimedia docking Screensaver timeout

ANyone know how to fix this? Updated to Froyo, multimedia dock times out as if it's not plugged in. In the past the screen would stay lit when on the dock. Thanks.

I was really annoyed with that also:

This was posted on androidforums.com and seems to work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfoust View Post

I noticed this too and it annoys me because i use
mine as a weather station/clock at work. I finally
installed Alarm Clock Plus V2 and that has an
option to disable the screensaver, but the Froyo
App doesn't seem to have that ability.

Install Alarm Clock Plus V2 (FREE or Paid $1.79), then Go into the settings for Alarm Clock Plus V2 and set screentimeout to NEVER.

Jeff

maf113

Reaction score
Screen staying on while in dock

I use a widget called :Screen Mode Widget.

It has three modes
1. AutoLock: Device will lock screen
2. EaysUnlock Device will not screen lock but will dim
3. ScreenStay: Screen will not lock and wnever dim.

I use the 3rd option when in Car or Multimedia dock and the 2nd option so when the screen times out I do not have to unlock when pressing the power button.

Audio51

Reaction score
I can't get it to run at all. It force closes every time I try to run it since updating to 2.2. Now I can only find DockService and a few other pay apps in the marketplace and Dock Service says it is not for the MotoDroid. If I search for Dockrunner it tells me there are no matches. Any suggestions on how to get the app again? I have had the dock for a long time and can't remember how the app got on my phone to begin with...:motdroidhoriz:

estobaughn

Reaction score
Go to the development settings and there should be a check box for "stay lit while connected to usb" or something that that effect. It keeps the screen on while plugged in.

stonemax

Reaction score
Development tab works!

Brilliant answer to this problem.

settings-->applications settings--> Development--> Stay awake option..

Thanks!

rickaltman

Reaction score
My Stay Awake option is checked, and the screen does not blank. Instead, the time jumps around as if it is a screensaver. This is since 2.2 and I don't want that at all -- I just want my dock screen. Also since 2.2, I must click through a USB Connected prompt, which is completely unasked for.

This is not progress.

Audio51

Reaction score
Mine does that too.....I would also prefer that it not. Mine is not giving me the USB connected prompt though...

urbbulldog

Reaction score
I am having the same docking issues with the screen saver mode turning on. Loved when at my desk the clock and weather displayed prior to 2.2 - lots of comments above, but hesitant to download apps and comments are mixed. Any suggestion what to do? Have settings checked to always display when charging - still goes into sleep mode. I want my clock back!!!

hoosiermama

Reaction score
I was really annoyed with that also:

This was posted on androidforums.com and seems to work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfoust View Post

I noticed this too and it annoys me because i use
mine as a weather station/clock at work. I finally
installed Alarm Clock Plus V2 and that has an
option to disable the screensaver, but the Froyo
App doesn't seem to have that ability.

Install Alarm Clock Plus V2 (FREE or Paid $1.79), then Go into the settings for Alarm Clock Plus V2 and set screentimeout to NEVER.
That worked on mine. When I take it out of the dock, I'll just change the screen timeout. I have a dock at work, and want the screen to stay on then; at home, I have a dock, and use the alarm, and I'll let set it to timeout then.

The Stay Awake option under Settings/Applications/Development still let it go into sleep mode while on my dock.

eqwalker

Reaction score
I echo the comments above. I have a dock at work as well as at home and I like to keep the dock screen up with the weather on it at my desk at work as well as at home (where I have the unit bluetoothed to a dock-n-talk). I would rather not have to download an app just to get back to the dock screen that was there originally. They need to have the screen saver as an optional selection.

friedmal

Reaction score
Ditto !

Ditto. Screen saver should be optional. I thought these screens do not have burn in issue?

I echo the comments above. I have a dock at work as well as at home and I like to keep the dock screen up with the weather on it at my desk at work as well as at home (where I have the unit bluetoothed to a dock-n-talk). I would rather not have to download an app just to get back to the dock screen that was there originally. They need to have the screen saver as an optional selection.

bcbailey1977

Reaction score
Same Boat as everyone else

Does everyone else who has the multimedia dock have the problem of it not saying in the notifications bar when it placed in the dock?

I had a customized slide show, a playlist for sleeping etc. and I don't like the screen saver bouncing around.
:motdroidhoriz:

:motdroidvert:

:icon_evil: