Multimedia dock - chances of screen damage in alarm clock mode?

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I love the multimedia dock! I am worried however about whether there could be any damage caused by leaving the screen on in alarm clock mode for several hours at a time.

J-Buck

Reaction score
Just like with TV's and hud's back in the day... Not a problem with LCD!

It won't burn into your screen... Now if it was plasma we would be screwed!
the phosphors in plasma retain the image permanently, so you always see a ghost of it no matter what's onscreen if you have something on it for a while.

Last edited:

synctek

Reaction score
It will be ok as long as you don't treat it like I treat my alarm clock......beep beep beep SMASH!!!!! :icon_ devil:

blu1080

Reaction score
good to know I just ordered my dock- $23.99!:icon_ banana:

flyer05

Reaction score
Use the dock at home and on the road I use the dock app. Love it.

altacool

Reaction score
I went to verizonwireless.com and looked for it but it was still listed at $29.99. Do you think it depends on your area? I'm in LA

Anyway I did a search to see if it was being sold anywhere else and it looks like it starting to become available at other online places, but it won't ship until end of december

Motorola® (OEM) Multimedia Station for Motorola Droid A855

goonygugle

Reaction score
Just like with TV's and hud's back in the day... Not a problem with LCD!

It won't burn into your screen... Now if it was plasma we would be screwed!
the phosphors in plasma retain the image permanently, so you always see a ghost of it no matter what's onscreen if you have something on it for a while.
it may or may not be a problem with droid phones but lcd screens can definitely have an image burnt into them. my old computer monitor is the proof.

dadmann

Reaction score
the dock is cool.. love the fact that every night when I put it in the dock it dims to where I set it and shows the weather too.. good investment in my opinion

oh and I have the Zagg full body kit installed, fits fine in clip holster and dock btw..

jbharman45

Reaction score
I think you can use the code APP20 on the Verizon Wireless website to get the price down. Worked for me...

MInkyboi

Reaction score
well honestly, leaving anything on for that long cant be "good" for the phone. also the backlights dont turn off either.
to me the screen is way to bright anyways at the lowest setting to use when im sleeping lol