Multimedia Dock and Screen Life

loophole

Reaction score
Obviously people are docking their phones for over night use of the multimedia/alarm/charging features.... one thing that bothers me though is that the screen is constantly on when your using these features.... night after night after night over 6 months time to a year I would think this would surely have some effect on the life of your screen/phone... am I just being a bit over the top here and paranoid? Hope someone can chime in on this and make me feel a bit more at ease about this but as the droid has only been out for a short time is there really a good answer yet? Thanks in advance, I'm sure im over thinking this... but even when I just charge i always tap the power button to shut the screen off.. lol try to take care of my baby ;)

Tojus

Reaction score
I'm actually wondering the same thing ... also wondering about the battery life about it constantly being plugged in. I know people will come in saying they dont over-charge b.c it says it on the phone, but my laptop battery also said that and was dead within 1.5 years.

eliassami5

Reaction score
all batteries die eventually, deppending on how often you drain and recharge them. There is no getting around that but replacements are pretty cheap compared to a laptop battery. And i wouldn't worry about the screen life, chances are it will outlast your life with the phone anyway with the rate at which people buy new phones these days.