[Multi-release] Steel Droid - Gingerbread 2.3.7 - 3-8-2012

GRASSINATOR

Reaction score
Just installed this on a friends d2...good job chevy.

Perhaps you can assist please. I have been trying to install this ROM on a D2 for quite some time to no avail. Status 7 - Installation aborted
Thought perhaps that it might have been a bad download so I retried 3 different times but have been unsuccessful. I have, as always, triple wiped data/cache/dalvik and have even gone to the extent of formatting the system, data and cache. All with no luck. I have .sbf'd back to 1FF-p2a_droid2_cdma_droid2-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DR4-51-120117-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf - Confirmed root, re-downloaded Droid2.zip from the Steel Droid thread here on Droid Forums and still same result. Any assistance or advise would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Jeffyo

Reaction score
GRASSINATOR said:
Perhaps you can assist please. I have been trying to install this ROM on a D2 for quite some time to no avail. Status 7 - Installation aborted
Thought perhaps that it might have been a bad download so I retried 3 different times but have been unsuccessful. I have, as always, triple wiped data/cache/dalvik and have even gone to the extent of formatting the system, data and cache. All with no luck. I have .sbf'd back to 1FF-p2a_droid2_cdma_droid2-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DR4-51-120117-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf - Confirmed root, re-downloaded Droid2.zip from the Steel Droid thread here on Droid Forums and still same result. Any assistance or advise would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

You're on 2.3.4? Is that rootable now? If you have root you should be able to flash whatever but Motorola is different. I'm on 2.3.3 and have no troubles. I never did the ota. Backup then wipe everything and try again. I'm using the unthemed d2 steel Droid.

GRASSINATOR

Reaction score
You're on 2.3.4? Is that rootable now? If you have root you should be able to flash whatever but Motorola is different. I'm on 2.3.3 and have no troubles. I never did the ota. Backup then wipe everything and try again. I'm using the unthemed d2 steel Droid.

Yes, .sbf'd to that build, ran a root utility, saw SU. Perhaps I did not obtain full root. I'll try going back to 2.3.3 then Flash again. Thank you very much for the response!